Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th October 2012, 12:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9245

Okay, I "finished" my floor. Bit of a rushed job. Tried to be a bit different. Not exactly a home for a player. Home for something else.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10th October 2012, 05:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 319

Chest moving is not allowed at this time. Since the event has already started, it would not be fair. I have not been in the game for a couple days (work and school = 19 hour days), but I think there were 6 condos ready to be designed. Each has a sign that says 'ready' on the front door.

Check the other design star thread for a map, if you need it.

Competition end Wednesday night. Thursday morning I will post the Judging Forms here for anyone to judge the spaces.

www.anderchunking.com
segreto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 05:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2240

Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by segreto View Post
Chest moving is not allowed at this time. Since the event has already started, it would not be fair.
I already moved the chest and started on the room

Im happy to undo it all and will do as soon as I finish this post but I actually cant see how it would be unfair or make any difference at all - as it is still exactly the same size room and exactly the same contents of the chest that was in the lower floor, just one floor higher

The main reason I wanted to take the chest up one floor higher was so I didnt impact on Henri's place with my floor

all good .. putting it back now
Old 10th October 2012, 05:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeP View Post
The main reason I wanted to take the chest up one floor higher was so I didnt impact on Henri's place with my floor

all good .. putting it back now
Your floor should be above his ceiling? If he doesn't want to see your floor, he has to make his own ceiling.

And I always gathered that we have a base floor that we can't change anyway. We build in the empty space in the rooms and can't change the walls, windows etc. That's why I put wool blocks etc on the stone floor in my room.

Anyway, this is the first time for this sort of event, so a little bit of confusion is expected. Ultimately, it is Segreto's call as he is running the event.

Sorontar

Old 10th October 2012, 07:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5138

Amused

Hey Deep, i actually really want the floor above my place done

My project looks a bit strange without a roof, so go ahead and put a floor in. Happy to help lay flooring too.

Last edited by HenriDeacon; 10th October 2012 at 07:22 PM.
HenriDeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 07:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Yeah, you strange people who made your room into two sublevels.

Sorontar

Old 11th October 2012, 06:29 AM   #17 (permalink)

Can't wait to log in and see what's going on! For the first run, the rules are not very clear nor are they set in stone. The move is not a big deal at all, just want to keep everything even.

I tried to make each area have enough room to put in a custom floor and ceiling that would not be a part of anyone's design but that area's designer. So there should have been 2 blocks between the living areas, but I will make that clearer the next run.

I started on the form for judging, I will finish it up tonight in my 4 hour law class...

I want the judging to be anonymous, so I will have each judge fill out a form and when I post the results, I will remove the names. Unless someone has a fairer way?

Sorry about being absent during the actual build, I tried to pick a viable date, but imagine juggling work (teaching), a teacher's strike, 4 grad classes, and 2 kids and a death in the family while trying to conduct a gaming competition....you know which one had to take a back back back back seat.

Next run will be during my winter break.

-Segreto

www.anderchunking.com

Last edited by segreto; 11th October 2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 11th October 2012, 09:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by segreto View Post
I want the judging to be anonymous, so I will have each judge fill out a form and when I post the results, I will remove the names. Unless someone has a fairer way?
If you want to run it as a poll, you can keep each vote secret. The options this forum gives you are:

Quote:
Allow multiple choice: Give users the ability to select more than one answer
Make votes public: Displays all users who voted, and what choice they voted for.
However, I think only DCs can set up polls, so you'lll have to tell me what you want in it.

Quote:
Sorry about being absent during the actual build, I tried to pick a viable date, but imagine juggling work (teaching), a teacher's strike, 4 grad classes, and 2 kids and a death in the family while trying to conduct a gaming competition....you know which one had to take a back back back back seat.
Nasty. Sorry to hear you have so much on your back. Hope it all smooths out soon.

Sorontar

Old 11th October 2012, 01:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

I have my own pole set to a spreadsheet do I dont have to do the math!

Ill post it in 5 minutes.

www.anderchunking.com
Old 12th October 2012, 06:21 AM   #20 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Cartographer
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 469

Things have been so hectic with me also i have not been able to log in for this. So GL to all those who were able to build
Aveege is offline   Reply With Quote