The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Minecraft (Public Forum) (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/)
-   -   Design Star #1 Has Started (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/459195-design-star-1-has-started.html)

segreto 7th October 2012 06:47 AM

Design Star #1 Has Started

I didn't finish all 10 chests, but the first 6 are complete and ready to go. I added a few items to the chests that were there since Wednesday, so if you were looking around or started, there are new random items in the 5 condos that are ready to design.

I added a few new parameters since the flooring was not added to the upper levels in order to let the player decide on the flooring, but that was an unfair advantage to the first floor, which had a stone floor.

Original thread: http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...-complete.html

1. There is a community chest on the roof with enough stone flooring for each condo, and a few basic elements that might be needed to complete a large space, if the player runs out.

2. I did not put anything in the chests that could make fire. Since this is a building with many rooms, I opted for safety instead of adding this element.

3. Since the player number was below 8, I will make a judgement form for anyone, including the contentents to fill out.

4. Since there are a couple of things going on on the server, the build and design time will be extened to Wednesday at the last midnight available.

5. You can build, craft, or fire anything in the chests. There is a workbench on the roof, but feel free to build a furnace and make anything you wish.

6. There is a sign for each player outside their doors. After you pick which condo and chest you want to use, please label it.

7. Every chest had the same basic building blocks, but the other blocks (wool, plants, wood types) is random so that each area has to be different.

-Wednesday night I will post the link to the judging form, and the prizes will be awared Friday (most likely when no one is on and just placed in your chest at spawn).

Thanks,

Seg

HenriDeacon 7th October 2012 09:17 AM

Nice one, will jump on today.

If you are on Frontier will be good to teleport to you to save running across the map :)

Sorontar 8th October 2012 09:04 AM

Made a start on a room. There is no ceiling above but the above room has dirt leading to its chest, so I have used dirt to make the ceiling a little so I can judge better how much space I have. The person above is welcome to change that to stone.

Went to bed trying to dream of what I could do to the room.

Sorontar

HenriDeacon 8th October 2012 07:19 PM

Mine is pretty much done, looks a bit weird but you just need to imagine a ceiling on it. :)

segreto 8th October 2012 10:03 PM

There are 2 levels between the spaces. One is for your ceiling, one is for their floor. Maybe I made a design flaw! Damn.. Ill be able to log in 18 hours from now when home from work and school.

Sorontar 8th October 2012 10:11 PM

That's fine. The dirt level is their floor. I will deal with the level below it as my ceiling space, whatever I end up doing with it.

Sorontar

HenriDeacon 8th October 2012 10:14 PM

The design of the condos is fine, using the floor above me as a ceiling gives a lot more space to work with.

DeeP 9th October 2012 04:31 PM

I know I am late but am I able to join ?

Also re rules (sorry couldnt see it anywhere) is the default texture pack the one it will be judged on or can you supply judges with texture pack?

also I am presuming we cannot build outside of the building parameters (eg balcony?)

>< maybe I left it a bit lae to join ... I feel bad asking all these questions now

Sorontar 9th October 2012 06:09 PM

I can't see why you can't join. Each room has large glass windows and I think we are all restricted to the same dimensions. Otherwise, I would have gone higher.

I think we are all using the vanilla texture pack, to make things even.

Sorontar

DeeP 9th October 2012 07:53 PM

ok great .. can I move my chest up to top floor where there isnt one :) would love the penthouse :D