Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th November 2012, 04:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
I'm not getting enough saplings to get a Jungle Tree farm going. Mostly get none, sometimes 1 and rarely 2.

I had the same problem. Sometimes I would get 1 or 2 saplings from a huge tree, and when I did the 6 block high tree-farm method, I might not get any.

I now plant 4 trees in a square and tap with the bonemeal, and let the tree grow full height. I wait around a few minutes (while I'm planting another tree or something) and a few saplings usually fall from the newly grown tree. I think a few leaves are made without connecting branches, and they die off after a minute or two. When the tree if fully grown, I climb up using the vines and chop 1/2 the leaves with an axe (even if this does dull the axe down, it goes quickly). When I start chopping down the tree from the top, I make sure there are not any two leaves on top of each other. This way, if a leaf does turn into a sappling, it will fall to the ground instead of sitting on top of another leaf and out of reach. As I get closer to the ground, I make sure I cut all the branches and 1/2 the leaves.

Again, this uses the axe or whatever tool, but I end up with 4 or more saplings by the end. So, including the pre-cutting drops, I get 6-10 saplings per tree now. It is still work intensive, but if you want a serious amount of jungle tree wood, this is the way to go.

www.anderchunking.com
segreto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18th November 2012, 09:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1250

Amused

I forgot to say, I've never gotten a large tree from a sapling, is that possible? (as in 2 x 2 square trunk size)

I'll have a go at your method, thanks. (Although it assumes I have 4 saplings, which is the problem I have in the first place lol, can't get that many saplings!!!!)

EDIT: I went and watched the video again, now I understand how to grow the larger tree. Cheers.

Last edited by MadMax; 18th November 2012 at 09:57 AM.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote