The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Minecraft (Public Forum) (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/)
-   -   2 Minute Jungle Tree Tutorial (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/461639-2-minute-jungle-tree-tutorial.html)

segreto 21st October 2012 02:51 PM

2 Minute Jungle Tree Tutorial

2 people asked my about my jungle tree farm. Here's a quickie:

Jungle Tree Tutorial

I can get 2 stacks of lumber and lots of leaves in under 2 minutes with this method.

Sorontar 21st October 2012 05:03 PM

Thanks mate.

The problem is always having to kill Skeletons to get the bonemeal.

Sorontar

segreto 22nd October 2012 05:47 AM

I didn't know what it was for when I first started, so I had a few stacks of bones in my chests. Luckily, I am a packrat.

I wish the trees dropped more sapplings. Sometimes I get 1 right when the tree is first grown, but I might only get 1-2 when it is cut down. Growing a jungle tree from just one sappling sometimes gives nothing as far as saplings. I do like jungle trees best, though.

Obsi 22nd October 2012 10:35 AM

If you break the leaves with a torch or block or something, instead of using the shears, they should drop more saplings. I think if you use shears you only get the leaf blocks, whereas if you destroy the leaves, they can drop saplings.

segreto 23rd October 2012 03:45 AM

Thanks.

Deweyoxberg 29th October 2012 12:38 AM

Backing up what Obsi said about attacking the leaves with non-shears. Drop rate appears to be roughly 4-5 saps per tree.

Also, I have found that if all leaves are trimmed but the trunk is left, the leaves eventually do grow back (though after several day/night cycles with adequate light).

segreto 29th October 2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deweyoxberg (Post 3692164)
Backing up what Obsi said about attacking the leaves with non-shears. Drop rate appears to be roughly 4-5 saps per tree.

Also, I have found that if all leaves are trimmed but the trunk is left, the leaves eventually do grow back (though after several day/night cycles with adequate light).

This is cool. I like how complicated these blocks get. I have been setting up a stage for a WIther tutorial, but, man, there is so much to spawning and killing it.

DarkDuck 29th October 2012 12:01 PM

While I agree that this method is good, I like the traditional tree farm with a hardcapped 8 block height.

excellent find though mate

segreto 29th October 2012 12:23 PM

I have that on my property, but the jungle trees look pretty cool fully grown, and the smaller trees give minimum saplings. Once I have a few dozen saplings to spare, ill extend my tree farm for the jungle trees. I also dig the vines.

MadMax 18th November 2012 12:26 AM

I'm not getting enough saplings to get a Jungle Tree farm going. Mostly get none, sometimes 1 and rarely 2.