Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th December 2012, 01:57 AM   #181 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1667

Happy

At work atm (def 32 here) , but is 64 at home.

Old 29th December 2012, 09:21 AM   #182 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5754 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

power is easy, running 39 blocks and then putting in a HV transformer will allow the endless transmission of power, no loss!
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 09:47 AM   #183 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9272

You should see the sky I get as I move around the FTB world after a while. It flashes between blue, red and purple as if there are lightning strikes. I get error messages on the Launcher.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 12:51 PM   #184 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8360 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misnik View Post
At work atm (def 32 here) , but is 64 at home.
Make sure you have java 64 installed at home then. I had the same problem with frequent crashes when running on 32 bit java. The 1GB max value for memory is also a dead giveaway of this. As soon as you run on 64 you will get higher values available.

Also from what I notice there must be a memory build-up bug when traveling through myst portals. The more times I do it (even if using the same portals, loading the same part of the worlds) the worse my client runs, and eventually I get an out of memory crash. It looks like memory isn't released the way it should between jumps.
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 01:10 PM   #185 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2774

Innocent

any one know how to make FTB revert to a diff version?
I am using a diff machine after a Mohito related accident on my lappy, but now just tells me server version is too old?
Old 29th December 2012, 01:15 PM   #186 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2774

Innocent

1. elevated rail - I like 'interesting to look at' over 'pretty'
2. agree with Obsi - not much point is there?

Last edited by Bazz; 29th December 2012 at 01:19 PM.
Bazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 02:48 PM   #187 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2969

Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedalusAlpha View Post
Also from what I notice there must be a memory build-up bug when traveling through myst portals. The more times I do it (even if using the same portals, loading the same part of the worlds) the worse my client runs, and eventually I get an out of memory crash. It looks like memory isn't released the way it should between jumps.
I've noticed that problem, as well. I restart after a bit to clear things out.
Irimar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 02:52 PM   #188 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2969

Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
any one know how to make FTB revert to a diff version?
I am using a diff machine after a Mohito related accident on my lappy, but now just tells me server version is too old?
If you've got the newest launcher, the default FTB pack is at the BOTTOM of the modpack list. The top ones are different packs, and the first couple are updated for the latest release of Minecraft. If you upgraded on your other machine, it was selected by default after the order change in the list, but won't be in the new install.
Irimar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 03:35 PM   #189 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky

If we put a portal or book (or however that works) in the centre of the N,S,E,W walls of the City, then you'd have fairly easy access to a portal (spawn being the central one) to take you to the myst world, and from there you can warp to anywhere pretty much

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 04:18 PM   #190 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky
Default (FTB) Myst Portal System

While this was mentioned in another thread, I've put it here as well, to make sure people see it and to explain how it works.

Misnik has created a Map Room in the Myst world, which acts as a way to teleport to any area of the City you wish.

You enter the Myst world by the blue crystal portal at spawn, and you'll be dropped off outside the Map Room (probably with your back to it). People's Individual portals and chests and things will be infront of you.

The Map Room marks all of the plots of land within the City, with a signpost on all known lots (label yours if it's not already done so).

There is a book at each intersection, which can be used to teleport to that location of the City. Right clicking on the book brings up the book. Click on the black right hand side of the book and you'll be teleported to that location.

For example if you click on the book highlighted:

That takes you to this intersection of Spawn:

To create your own books - to make your own teleporation system....

Go to the place you would like to make the link to. For example in your house, or at your quarry site. Have a book in your inventory.

When you place the book into your crafting spot, you'll see the book will go green. If you take the book out of that crafting spot and put it into your inventory - that book is now linked to that position you were standing in. Take that book to the Myst world, and place it on a book stand (made with 2 sticks and a block of wood), and you'll then have a link from the Myst world to that spot. (So you might like to place one on the block that represents your house lot in the City Map room).

You can do likewise and make a book while in the Myst world, to create a linkbook to the Myst world, which you can then place in your house (or somewhere else), to allow you to travel to the Myst world without needing to go to Spawn.

Linkbooks can't be moved to another location after they have been created, so if you want to move your link spot, you'll have to make a new book.

(Please note that creation of additional Myst Worlds is not allowed)

Last edited by Obsi; 5th January 2013 at 09:58 PM.
Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote