Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th December 2012, 11:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4012

Cheeky

I finally got it to work .... The launcher wouldn't download and downloading manually (via a fix on the FTB forum) seemed to miss files and not put them where they needed to be...grrr

Last edited by Obsi; 16th December 2012 at 10:39 AM.
Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15th December 2012, 11:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5118

Amused

Remember that Feed the Beast does not affect your Minecraft Version, it's a completely different folder. So no need to make any changes to your Minecraft version.
Old 16th December 2012, 01:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 837

Mellow

Humbly requesting creative game mode to test.
Deweyoxberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 02:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 396

I had the same problem as Tazz, followed HD's instructions and all is well.

Highly recommend jumping on for a play if you can, I'd had a bash with some of the mods before but there was so many more I hadn't seen and got to check out.

Always handy to troubleshoot with/while others are playing too, if anyone has problems or sees bugs please let the admin and/or players know so we can iron them out.

Espesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 08:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 280

a PM on editing my post would be nice ?.

The Older Gamers (TOG) is a community founded on our members having and upholding the spirit of decency, fair play and respect for others.

Last edited by TAZZROK; 17th December 2012 at 05:06 PM.
TAZZROK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 09:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2897

Grumpy

Love FTB. RedPower is coming soon.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 03:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 396

Having alot of fun with this

Could we get some more Tekkit and FTB savvy minds to put up a few automated constructions on this server for others to see how it all works and what's required for our own inventions ?

I have to admit I'm abit overwhelmed (in a good way) and still a total noob at all this and the google and youtube vids and searches I find seem to be from two schools, over-simplified and missing some key points or too complicated to follow if your new to this..

Seeings we' re still in testing stages I thought it might be nice to reserve or use a block close to spawn and put some of these new machines on there in all their glory ie. a quarry, refinery, water pumping and auto farms etc. just to show what's possible here..

I always find it much more engaging seeing constructions working in the world than on video and much easier to learn from others if I can walk and play around with them..

I know we're still getting infrastructure and basic stuff sorted but thought I'd suggest.. There's just so much to this, I've heard of nuclear reactors, basic programmable PCs, all kinds of goodies.. I know the fun is in the discovery too but we could share that

Espesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 03:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Grumpy

I've poked around a bit, and run in to a bit of a problem. I have by no means explored extensively, but so for I haven't seen any rubber trees. This could prove problematic.

Espesh:
That's a good idea. Working all this stuff out can be a bit overwhelming. One good thing is NEI (Not Enough Items). It defaults to recipe mode in single player. If you click on something in the items list on the right, it will show you what you need to make it. If you hover over something and press "U", it will show you what you can make from it. The box under your inventory can be used to search the list.
This, of course, doesn't tell you how to use things, and this can take some time to get the hang of. One thing to remember is that most of these things are not early game items. They almost all take redstone, and many need rare ingredients like diamond or gold.
A display plot probably isn't a bad idea, but there is so MUCH here that it will probably just scratch the surface.
Old 17th December 2012, 04:09 AM   #19 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1666

Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irimar View Post
I've poked around a bit, and run in to a bit of a problem. I have by no means explored extensively, but so for I haven't seen any rubber trees. This could prove problematic.
I found some...umm I can't recall exactly where it was just outside the wall a little bit past a big red cobblestone area. I died of starvation then so lost my stuff. But I was like thats a weird marking on a tree and collected it.

Have run into a ton of oil geysers all over the place. A bunch of copper and tin. Found some odd purple crystals too. All from just wondering a little bit from spawn.
Old 17th December 2012, 08:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Grumpy

Found the swamp past the red cobble cliffs and brought some rubber saplings back. I should have enough to share out in a day or two.