Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th December 2012, 09:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5590 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

fyi I also have 3 rubber tree's and 2 jungle tree's if you harvest I would request you replace the tree's with saplings (if you chop em down) I will also work on propergating them for the community.

I also have penned 3 cows and 3 sheep, I will breed these so if you wouldl iek a sheep or cow please help yourselves, I ask you leave me a pair at least for my breeding and other uses.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17th December 2012, 10:03 AM   #22 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5118

Amused

We have come to the stage where this FTB map is live. If in doubt about rules, use Frontier rules and usual care for other players. Obsi will be posting up map specific rules.

We will be keeping this map and backing up the spawn area regularly, so have fun !

Areas outside the great wall will be reset regularly, so not the place for your house.

This is a work in progress, so suggest any compatible mods and remember the whole community can contribute to how we play FTB.

Last edited by HenriDeacon; 17th December 2012 at 10:14 AM.
HenriDeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 10:15 AM   #23 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft

Lurking

also please be advised you are not allowed to spawn items from the NEI system, this would ruin the fun.

also I have now got pumpkins, cacti and sugar cane growing, please use but as always don't eliminate my supply (replant what ya take lol)
Old 17th December 2012, 12:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2895

Grumpy

You shouldn't cut down rubber trees. Make a tree tap and use it to harvest the resin, then cook the resin to get rubber.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 12:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Amused

If anyone wants to build a cottage/2nd home in twightlight forest, you are very welcome.
Old 17th December 2012, 03:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft

Lurking

well I have a small forest of rubber tree's now, along with a macerator, generator, extractor and electric furnice, all connected to a gen and battery box.

so feel free to swing by my workshop, soon I will have a carpenter, squeezer, and some pumps for lava and water storage, all part of the grand plan.

I also have a coke oven, useful for converting charcol and coal into coke, which burns 30% longer and hence supplies more power than coal or charcol, but cannot be used for torches.
Old 17th December 2012, 04:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 280

should we update FTB ? just loaded FTB and there is update for 1.1.6

Minecraft isn't Minecraft after playing Feed The Beast
TAZZROK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 06:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Amused

Yes always update the loader when it offers.
Old 17th December 2012, 11:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4012

Cheeky

OK, the current standing rules for this temporary/test Feed the Beast Server are:

• No nuclear fission reactors at spawn/within the walled area.
  • No modifying the nuclear reactor (that Duck will build) at Spawn
  • No use of nuclear TNT within the spawn/walled area
  • The Huge tree in the road in the spawn city is protected and can't be destroyed/modified
  • You can claim 1 plot of land within the city walls only (please place a sign somewhere obvious to indicate your claim). These plots are defined by the roads that surround them. You may level out/build up/mine any land within your plot as you see fit.
  • Please be aware that some of the roads have not been completed yet, but should have blocks marking where the roads should go. Some roads also currently do not have their cobblestone edging, so allow for that when building on any plots next to roads not yet completed. (Roads should be 6 stone wide with a cobble half slab edging - making 8 blocks wide in total, help appreciated in road building)
  • Given there are limited plots available within the city walls, if you have not used your plot for 3 months, it may be considered vacant and given to another player if all lots have been claimed and players are waiting for plots to become available.
  • All building/mining/resource gathering is to be done within your claimed plot or outside the city walls (don't mine/gather on vacant plots or under roads)
  • No modifying roads or the outer wall (without modmin permission). If you want something modified, ask.
  • You may build walkways over/under the roads to connect your lot with another person's lot if both parties are happy for this and it does not damage the existing roads.
  • The standard "No griefing" TOG rules apply. Given the nature of this modded server, please be aware of how your play may affect others.

(rules subject to change as we're still getting organised)

Last edited by Obsi; 18th December 2012 at 12:48 PM.
Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 03:04 AM   #30 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2895

Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsi View Post
  • No nuclear fission reactors at spawn/within the walled area.
  • No modifying the nuclear reactor (that Duck will build) at Spawn
  • No use of nuclear TNT within the spawn/walled area
How's a bounty hunter supposed to achieve world domination with restrictions like that in place?

Seriously, though, I don't touch nuclear stuff. It's too unpredictable.

Last edited by Irimar; 18th December 2012 at 03:06 AM.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote