Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th January 2013, 11:06 AM   #321 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8320 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Doh!
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6th January 2013, 11:44 AM   #322 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 811

Mellow

Just an FYI for everyone in case anyone else has noticed this lately:

Some of my Mystbooks have taken to a habit of dropping me inside of a loaded chunk, and by inside, I mean inside the blocks present in that chunk. That includes lava.

Oddly, I have not (yet) suffered any damage or loss as a result, but please keep all appendages tightly clenched around your pick while on your travels. PSA brought to you by Miners' Anonymous: Admitting you hoard is the first block.
Deweyoxberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2013, 11:49 AM   #323 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9164

Lol... but Minecraft is a perfect therapy to hoarders in RL. We play the game too much that we don't have time to collect more things to hoard in RL.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2013, 12:32 PM   #324 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2752

Innocent

I dont Hoard!!! I NEEEEEEEEEEED all this stuffs - and most of yours if I'm to be honest.

I play in Kerry Packer Mode - I get everything I can get my hands on, alienate most people on the way and eventually build some monstrosity to my greatness that everyone else hates and considers an eyesore/detriment to the community!
(Then will probably die of an angry heart attack)

I even have the 'James Packer" mod (My Son) = uses up a lot of my resources for making toys!

KP Mode FTW! (and then eventual loss)
Old 6th January 2013, 01:12 PM   #325 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Innocent

Same as "U" - "R" when pressed with your heads up display off, will give you a recipie to make said thing upon which you hover when pressing "R"

Obsi's new post is a good place to start
Old 6th January 2013, 01:22 PM   #326 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Innocent

You can always just start your quarry about 8-9 blocks down - leaves a cover of 3 or 4.
Old 6th January 2013, 04:03 PM   #327 (permalink)
Div. Vice Captain
Wildstar
Elite - Post: 2625 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deweyoxberg View Post
Just an FYI for everyone in case anyone else has noticed this lately:

Some of my Mystbooks have taken to a habit of dropping me inside of a loaded chunk, and by inside, I mean inside the blocks present in that chunk. That includes lava.

Oddly, I have not (yet) suffered any damage or loss as a result, but please keep all appendages tightly clenched around your pick while on your travels. PSA brought to you by Miners' Anonymous: Admitting you hoard is the first block.
I have taken to creating spacious rooms where I link my mystbooks in an attempt to try and prevent this. I also don't move just after teleporting. It seems to have made a difference although I still occasionally have the same issue you describe (and it has never resulted in loss of life or items).

Edit: And avoid standing on half blocks when setting books, can be a bit glitchy...
Old 7th January 2013, 03:17 AM   #328 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1666

Happy

true...though ive been making mine 8-9 higher than ground level so it gets trees too while its at it.
Old 7th January 2013, 05:16 AM   #329 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Innocent
Default Onward Crafters! - We set forth for the END!

It was only a matter of time, and it would seem that time no longer matters - The End has been found!

No one has been through the portal yet so thought it might be a good time to ask if anyone wants to come fight the Dragon and sort out a time for it?
(and would also ask that please do not go through the portal until such a time has been decided)

Will you be amongst those few, those happy few, that band of crafters that faced the END?

Put your name down, dust off your favourite battle kilt and nominate a time frame you can work with to attend, and we will do our very best to accomodate all.

So dont lie silent in your beds whilst those who were there tell the tales - sign up for ADVENTURE!
(and an excellent chance of harm disfigurement and to be quite honest repeated death)

Love and Kisses,
Bazz.
Old 7th January 2013, 06:08 AM   #330 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 811

Mellow

Tuesdays between 1600 MST and 2000 MST.
Alternating Saturdays between 0900 MST and 1600 MST. (12 Jan, 26 Jan, 9 Feb as examples)
Deweyoxberg is offline   Reply With Quote