Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th January 2013, 02:36 PM   #351 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9122

Truth be told, I don't know whether you can portal the dragon, but given the additions in FTB, anything is possible.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7th January 2013, 03:39 PM   #352 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4009

Cheeky

Quote:
my experience previously is that it is un-TOG-like (and thus an offence) to knowingly use an exploit. (And to me a bug this OP is clearly an exploit.)
What we consider in minecraft to be an exploit is more things like when there have been bugs that allowed players to duplicate items or something like that. An item freely available in the game to everyone - even if it's a mistake for it to be like that, is not an exploit in the same fashion.

But.... to add another spanner in the works....

Bazz tried to make some rubber boots today - and they don't work like they used to - so it seems they have been fixed. So basically they are now not worth making.

The ones he crafted today will wear out when you're taking damage. So while they will give you a bit extra health, they are not impervious to damage any more.

I got MiniObsi to log on and try to make some, to see if it was updating the launcher that changed them (her launcher hasn't ever been updated) - the ones she made are likewise nerfed. So it would seem that anyone trying to make boots now, will have nerfed ones. So it must be something updated on the server.

Which has the additional problem of what do we do now. Because if some people's rubber boots are the original overpowered ones, and new players can't make them like that - then yes, that is unfair advantage.

So we might have to require all players to hand in any of the old boots, so that nobody has the old impervious boots?

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 03:40 PM   #353 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2752

Innocent

Pet Dragon!
Want.
Old 7th January 2013, 03:47 PM   #354 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
Pet Dragon!
Want.
And I gather you want holes in everyone's homes, hey Bazz, as the dragon goes for a stroll ?

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 04:30 PM   #355 (permalink)
Div. Vice Captain
Wildstar
Elite - Post: 2579 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Lurking

Fair enough Sor. And I was thinking Mystcraft portals because you can make them any size, shape or orientation (vertical/horizontal). Especially with the maintain momentum option on the link modifier this allows for some pretty crafty traps.

Another possible use would be as a protective moat laid horizontally around important buildings in the overworld. Pursuing mobs would fall through and be teleported, say to a dungeon under your base, fall to their deaths and leave loot for you to collect (insert elaborate loot collection system with water flow and an obsidian pipe. All with no damage to your building. Coupled with a jet pack (or pro jumping skills) could make for a cool defensive base design. No idea what load on the server Myst portals have though.

Last edited by Hoathy; 7th January 2013 at 04:45 PM.
Hoathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 04:45 PM   #356 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 280

im in anytime after 4:30 PM (TAS time) weekdays as im back at work, as for portaling the dragon only one way to find out id say ya could as other things can be have to be a big gate but

Minecraft isn't Minecraft after playing Feed The Beast
TAZZROK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 04:50 PM   #357 (permalink)
Div. Vice Captain
Wildstar
Elite - Post: 2579 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
Pet Dragon!
Want.
I bet he'll keep the creepers away
Old 7th January 2013, 05:10 PM   #358 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 32

Pensive

It has the distinct look of a planned city... like New York... as opposed to the cowpaths of more "organic" cities. Love it!
sarianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 07:42 PM   #359 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8302 TOG Silver Level Supporter

I can just add in that myst portals definitely does not keep a chunk loaded. When I had my delivery system link through the myst world I had to portal over there myself constantly to keep the carts flowing. Same with my lava pump in the nether, it won't do anything unless I'm actually there, despite a myst portal being right next to it.
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 07:48 PM   #360 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8302 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsi View Post
I got MiniObsi to log on and try to make some, to see if it was updating the launcher that changed them (her launcher hasn't ever been updated) - the ones she made are likewise nerfed. So it would seem that anyone trying to make boots now, will have nerfed ones. So it must be something updated on the server.
So do you guys update the server from time to time or how can this happen? Does it get automatically updated on the daily restart?
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote