Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th January 2013, 07:42 AM   #381 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5701 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

ok using the 1.4.2 version works.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8th January 2013, 09:04 AM   #382 (permalink)
Master of Squee
Elite - Post: 2888 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Relaxed

Yeah I initially assumed these were in FTB and may have given a few people incorrect advice!! Anyway I'd def like to see these in FTB
Old 8th January 2013, 09:26 AM   #383 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2390

Cynical

Teleport pipes would certainly be useful getting large amounts of items from a remote location back to your plot, but then again, that link modifier pretty much takes care of that issue too. (Unless, say you want to bring back 10's of 1000's of rock and dirt...) With correct use of AND and OR gates turning engines on/off, starting machines (and I think even changing IronPipe direction flows, but I'm yet to experiment with this one) you can easily (open to interpretation) limit the amount of material in pipes around your base in any one go.

Also, Ducky, that info page you linked... well... has no info =) All the pages about the pipes are 'does not exist'

If the mod does get added to the server, would that mean I then have to mess around adding the new mod at my client end in the FTB launcher? I rather like the plug and play nature of the existing setup.

- OJ
OranjeJus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 09:40 AM   #384 (permalink)

Cynical

I haven't taken damage in the last couple of days, I'll purposefully do so when I next log on just to double check my boots are still (mal)functioning.

- OJ
Old 8th January 2013, 09:51 AM   #385 (permalink)

Cynical

Now, this isn't for use on the TOG server, just for my own one. But does anyone have any advice on how the Myst world was created to be stable on the TOG FTB server? I'm assuming it's a server properties file that was edited, but I'm trying to do it 'vanilla' and have had a number of really scary close calls while both visitng rand worlds to collect symbols, as well as writing a few options to try them out.

Essentially, all I'm looking to do is create a stable Myst world to use as a portal hub. Doesn't have to be full sized like the TOG one.

It's a real shame the TOG server is too large to handle this being available to everyone, because it's real edge of your seat stuff exploring and mining while meteors rain down from the sky, hordes of creepers are chasing you and the ground starts falling into the void all around. And I thought that hsssss of a creeper behind me or an enderman scream were scary...

- OJ
Old 8th January 2013, 09:56 AM   #386 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2944

Grumpy

To make a stable world, you have to have a writing desk, a notebook with all the symbols you want, and a good knowledge of what the mod requires to consider the world stable. You have to go through a lot of bad worlds and copy their symbols into the notebook to get the ones you want. Or, you know, have an admin agree to cheat in a full notebook so you can write a stable world for community use.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 10:10 AM   #387 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8346 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Using railcraft + pipes + myst portals you essentially get the functionality of teleport pipes, but that's of course a lot more complicated

As for the apiary pipe, it already exists. It's part of another mod that is in FTB (might be forestry, the one that handles bees in any case).
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 10:15 AM   #388 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8346 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irimar View Post
Or, you know, have an admin agree to cheat in a full notebook so you can write a stable world for community use.
I imagine that simplifies things
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 10:19 AM   #389 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 950

Mellow

And here I was about to make a pair of boots...

But then again I have nanoboots so... meh
Deweyoxberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 10:28 AM   #390 (permalink)

Cynical

Well, I'm the admin but I won't be cheating it in. Exploration is part of the fun, I'm just having difficulty writing the stable age. Many randoms visited and my notebook has a fair collection of symbols now so I have been trying to write custom ages to be stable. Oh what a shame, I'll just have to spend even more hours playing Minecraft. Boo hoo.

- OJ