Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th January 2013, 07:37 PM   #101 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8333 TOG Silver Level Supporter

The problem is that I only manage to get into the game for a second before getting thrown out again. I've tried moving but I really don't have time to get that far before I get logged out.

There is no way to modify the position when I'm offline? Other than that, maybe it helps if someone gets over to my base to keep those chunks already loaded when I log in?
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"

Old 15th January 2013, 07:47 PM   #102 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9208

If you try to join the server whilst any of the admin team are on, we will try to teleport you to a better location in the short time you are connected. Then you might have to try and make sure you are in a similiar location when you leave the server. I understand that sometimes the server crashes before you get a chance to move free of machines etc, but it is the best we can do. The only other option at present is to delete your player file, but that will place you back at spawn, which is one of the "busiest" places in the spawn city.

Sorontar

Old 15th January 2013, 08:34 PM   #103 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4025

Cheeky

I had to move someone today too - what we do is get the teleport command ready and hit enter as soon as you login, while you'll crash again before you see that you've moved, the server recognises you've been moved, and you should then be at the new location when you next connect.

Old 15th January 2013, 11:13 PM   #104 (permalink)

Ok, cool. Does Misnik have this capability as well? It's likely he's the only admin online when I try to log in.
GW2 characters:

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
Old 15th January 2013, 11:15 PM   #105 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9208

All Mods/Admins are ops for FTB. They can all do it.

Old 16th January 2013, 08:09 AM   #106 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5646 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

Can I recommend that if you are one whom suffers this glitch, log off somewhere safe, there I have isolated area's in the Myst world and the Nether as well as the Overworld. all linked with books.

If your one whom has this issue (I don't) then my recommendation is that you log off in a safe location.

There may not be a mod/admin online , and the other thing is any items you may loose during transit may not be replaced (any loss will need to be discussed with the admin team), so to prevent any potential drama, logging off somewhere you will not likely suffer the problem may help.
Old 16th January 2013, 08:20 AM   #107 (permalink)

Yes I will definitely do that from now on. Until recently I could at least get in after trying a while, but now not even that works.

And FYI, the server seems to be in need of a restart.
GW2 characters:

Old 16th January 2013, 09:18 AM   #108 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1667

Happy

If I did it right should have reset. Leaving work so had to rush to shutdown those computers. will be home in 30 mins or so if that didn't fix it.
Old 16th January 2013, 09:51 AM   #109 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4025

Cheeky

Yes, ideally always go to a nice safe place before logging off, and in a less laggy area such as the Myst is a good idea - but unfortunately sometimes you might crash and not be able to get to a good spot.

Old 16th January 2013, 11:00 AM   #110 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 885

Mellow

Daed, your two-man deadswitch idea has me thinking about other goodies for the server, not related to management. We should talk
Closed Thread