Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th March 2013, 09:48 AM   #721 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2970

Grumpy

No, it's purely display case style stuff. Display stands, shelves, book cases, and a label that can be placed directly on chests

Old 15th March 2013, 09:57 AM   #722 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 579

Amused

Of course, what we really need, is a proper 'house contents' mod Well rendered tables, chairs, sofas, TV sets, beds, place settings, etc, etc
Old 15th March 2013, 10:00 AM   #723 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheith View Post
Of course, what we really need, is a proper 'house contents' mod Well rendered tables, chairs, sofas, TV sets, beds, place settings, etc, etc
I hear that EA has released a game called the Sims that does that

Old 15th March 2013, 10:43 AM   #724 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 579

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
I hear that EA has released a game called the Sims that does that
Ah, but you can't mine and build crazy contraptions in the Sims!! Plus, its the Sims - nuff said.
Old 15th March 2013, 10:52 AM   #725 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky

I was having crashing problems until I updated mine.... People in game suggested I uninstall java then install the latest - to make sure it updates properly.

Old 15th March 2013, 10:59 AM   #726 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky

Quote:
No, it's purely display case style stuff. Display stands, shelves, book cases, and a label that can be placed directly on chests
I think what he was meaning is does it add anything in terms of gameplay and "must have" features, or is it just another mod that adds more things to create more items to render and thus more lag....

I agree it looks very cool, and I've been wanting to be able to have display shelves and things like that for ages - however we need to remember that our ftb server is already consuming vast amounts of bandwidth and CPU usage and has constant problems with lag....

I really think that adding additional mods that don't offer anything really important, is just adding to our problems for only cosmetic benefits.

Old 15th March 2013, 12:24 PM   #727 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 638

Tired

Manual updates with Java seem to be mandatory for Minecraft use. The auto-updates for me have always installed the 32bit even though I'm on a 64bit machine and manually installed the 64bit version, very odd.
Old 15th March 2013, 12:30 PM   #728 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2432

Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
Apologies folks. We thought we were testing Mindcrack 8.2 but it seems that it was actually Mindcrack 8.1.1. So there will be another day's delay. The target will be to return to Mindcrack 7 late on Friday night, with an upgrade to Mindcrack 8 on Monday night.

Sorry,

Sorontar
Late, meaning early Saturday?

So what's the delay in update for if there's going to be a 2 day gap? Was it just the link books, or is there a forth-coming list of issues?

I don't suppose you've been testing lowered amounts of Mo' Creatures?

- OJ
Old 15th March 2013, 12:41 PM   #729 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9273

Even the Admin team have lives OJ. Installing, testing, working through 60+ config files takes time, especially when you have realised that FTB gave you the wrong version.

Yes, the link books are a potential problem but there are a few other new settings that might make people want to change parts of their builds. That is why you will get a few days in v7 before the update. I'll explain this further after testing is finished so I can know the full extent of the changes.

The target is to let you guys back on Mindcrack in version 7 sometime tonight. There may be problems that stop that, but that is the aim. I am just trying to keep you guys in the loop.

Adjusting Mo's Creatures has given problems before so we have to be very careful. For now, we are not adjusting the settings. We just want everything to work. That is priority.

Sorontar

Old 15th March 2013, 12:49 PM   #730 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 638

Tired

Thanks Sor