Old 19th January 2013, 09:27 AM   #161 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 609

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTriggerH View Post
I too have no objections to restarting from scratch, preferably with Direwolf20 because of the redstone power mods, will make life so so much easier as well as the option of the tubes over pipes which should work better.
+1, but my less than a week on the server really doesn't (or shouldn't) give me a say haha...

Good luck figuring everything out. New map or not, the rules to follow to keep this from happening again will be a good and I'm assuming long read. Better that than the alternative.

Old 19th January 2013, 09:34 AM   #162 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Final Fantasy XIV
Lethal - Post: 5548 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

at this stage we are testing an updated mindcrack, it includes reddpower, so we will see if this fixes the lag, Sor and the others will tell us more,
Henri is back so our chief FTB engineer is helping us out greatly.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2013, 09:57 AM   #163 (permalink)
Fox
Clown Administrator
Be Afraid of the Clown
All Knowing - Post: 18192

Breezy

I'm new to all this but I suggest the server admins factor in human nature when planning the future. You can make a rule that all machines need to be off. That doesn't mean that will happen. You can say no running water in quarries. That doesn't make it so. You ask people to have one quarry only and to cover it when finished. That doesn't mean it will happen. You have to assume people won't read/respect the rules and then you have to consider that impact on the server in a worst case scenario.

If a server really can't handle a mod or only if used with self-discipline then you really need to be reconsidering that mod. Anything else sets up the admins as MC police and that's not fun for anyone - especially the Admins.

TOG Sponsor $5 a month
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2013, 10:13 AM   #164 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 988

Shocked

Or just remove the repeaing offender off the whitelist.

If we got a problem, we can solve it, we just lock the thread, whilst we refuse to solve it.
Penthrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2013, 11:54 AM   #165 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5113

Amused
Default Mindcrack testing is open

Hi all,

With Feed the Beast being so popular, we have begun testing Mindcrack 1.4.6 to address some lag / disconnection issues.

This is a more up-to-date pack that FTB and includes 45 pages of items to mess around with. There is so much amazing stuff in this pack, including some great looking trains.

The Mindcrack map is open for the Division to explore, just use the Mindcrack 1.4.6 option in your launcher.

The only change we have made is that we have added Mystcraft 0.9.5, so please add that to your Mindcrack pack.

To do that go to Edit mod pack, then click on where you downloaded Mystcraft.

The official download page for Mystcraft is :

BinaryMage

We are working hard to give you the best game experience, and feel free to comment and suggest ideas.

Last edited by HenriDeacon; 19th January 2013 at 11:57 AM.
HenriDeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2013, 12:23 PM   #166 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8304 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Out of curiosity, why didn't you use Direwolf20 instead as it already had Mystcraft? Is it not as well updated?

A notice for people starting with Mindcrack; some machines are now VERY expensive. A standard macerator for example requires three diamonds among other things. It's also a lot harder to find tin and copper than it was in the other FTB server.

Edit: is it the same rules for this server as for the other? Or more specifically, what are the rules for this server?

Given that RedPower exists, one would think it should be preferred over pipes for example.
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"

Last edited by DaedalusAlpha; 19th January 2013 at 12:31 PM.
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2013, 12:28 PM   #167 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Elite - Post: 2824

Grumpy

Yay! Thanks, Henri!
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2013, 12:39 PM   #168 (permalink)
Div. Vice Captain
Wildstar
Elite - Post: 2582 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Lurking

Exciting stuff! Thanks for the update Henri

Last edited by Hoathy; 19th January 2013 at 12:42 PM.
Hoathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2013, 01:27 PM   #169 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1666

Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedalusAlpha View Post
Edit: is it the same rules for this server as for the other? Or more specifically, what are the rules for this server?
For starters it would be best to follow the mentioned FTB rules and many of the suggestions that have been discussed to combat lag. If things look better they can be adjusted back up later.
Old 19th January 2013, 01:56 PM   #170 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5113

Amused

Direwolf was considered and it was a tough choice between the two 1.4.6 packs. Direwolf is missing a few mods like Twighlight Forest. We looked at all the extra content in Mindcrack and considered it worth testing for lag and stability. But yes, Direwolf was another valid choice that we looked at.
HenriDeacon is offline   Reply With Quote