TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Old 19th January 2013, 02:00 PM   #171 (permalink)
Division Captain
RUST
Dangerous - Post: 747 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Amused

To install the mod you should be able to drop it in the instMods folder in the Mindcrack folder inside where ever your feed the beast installs go.
Also I would recommend people use Optifine, which you can dump in there as well. Optifine will improve performance a great deal

Optifine Downloads can be found here: http://optifine.net/downloads.php and if you have a grunty computer I recommend the HD Ultra otherwise try the HD Standard or the Light
AdmiralTriggerH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19th January 2013, 02:10 PM   #172 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2270 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedalusAlpha View Post
A notice for people starting with Mindcrack; some machines are now VERY expensive. A standard macerator for example requires three diamonds among other things
You can use advance circuits instead of diamonds, its not all doom and gloom
Old 19th January 2013, 02:16 PM   #173 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Final Fantasy XIV
Lethal - Post: 5498 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

Pipes vs buildcraft pipes will be explored however there is no division rule for this atm.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2013, 02:24 PM   #174 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2009

Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTriggerH View Post
Also I would recommend people use Optifine, which you can dump in there as well. Optifine will improve performance a great deal
Complete opposite for me. User beware.

- OJ
OranjeJus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2013, 07:33 PM   #175 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9010

As Fox said, we are trying to set up conditions that as many Togger can enjoy as possible. Sometimes we need to define restrictions and expectations. Some of these are easy to check during play. Some are hard to check. That however, shouldn't be the main role of system administrators or game moderators. We are here to help keep things running, not look over your shoulders. We understand sometimes people make mistakes and don't meet our expectations. We ask that players endeavour to follow the rules and understand why the rules have been set in the first place. In this sense following the spirit or aim of the rules is crucial.

However, if we find players repeatedly break them and don't follow the instructions/advice of the Admin team, then yes, we will punish the player. This I hope rarely happens.

As pointed out by Duck, we are having a look at alternatives to Feed The Beast for a number of reasons. We are also working out how we want people to play on that server, given what we have learned on the FTB server. Hopefully we will be able to elaborate on this in the next few days.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2013, 08:42 PM   #176 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3994

Cheeky

Quote:
I'm new to all this but I suggest the server admins factor in human nature when planning the future. You can make a rule that all machines need to be off. That doesn't mean that will happen. You can say no running water in quarries. That doesn't make it so. You ask people to have one quarry only and to cover it when finished. That doesn't mean it will happen. You have to assume people won't read/respect the rules and then you have to consider that impact on the server in a worst case scenario.
We realise that things happen - people might get disconnected and not be able to turn off their machines, people forget etc. We're not monsters :P

However, if we make a rule that machines have to be turned off when you leave the server, and everyone tries to do that - we're going to have most (if not all) machines turned off when people aren't on the server. Making it better for all players (lag wise) If we don't make that rule, most people won't bother turning off their machines when they leave.

Ultimately the way we set up the city has meant that these things have far more impact than they would had we not organised the city the way we did. That's unfortunate and unexpected. We are however looking at a way to help address this without losing all the work people have already done.

If we update to a later version of minecraft and try out MindCrack, this might also decrease the performance issues we've been having too. But we'll have to see as we go.

What we are trying to do with those rules is to get some of the more lag inducing items to have less impact on the server. Knowing that there will be times where a quarry breaks into water and isn't noticed for a while, or someone accidentally leaves something running. While one person leaving stuff running isn't going to make a lot of difference (usually, hopefully ), 20 people leaving their stuff running, can. If everyone turns their stuff off, then if someone forgets, it shouldn't be a problem. If nobody turns their stuff off, there is a problem.

I personally don't think it's being too unreasonable. It's essentially like asking someone to turn off a lightswitch when they leave the room - so that it's not burning and wasting power while they are not even there. The house isn't going to blow up if you accidentally leave lights on, but we don't want them left on.

It's not a perfect situation, but that's minecraft. Minecraft itself is not a well optimised game. Adding all these mods makes it less stable. We're trying to help it by reducing the things that stress it.

But we really have 3 choices. 1). Run the server with no rules, let people do what they like and have the server constantly crashing and laggy and likely becoming unplayable within a few months. 2). Run the server with some rules that can be inconvenient for some people, but free up more resources to make the server run better and make a better playing experience for all. 3). Don't bother running these mods because they are too troublesome and just stick with vanilla minecraft.

As a player I find the FTB server far more fun... and I think it's worth having the small inconveniences of being asked to turn off machines and keep quarries covered and small.... to be able to have this mod pack to play with.

As part of the modmin team, I don't think we're asking too much of the division, in exchange for us providing them with a more stable game to play.

Last edited by Obsi; 19th January 2013 at 08:44 PM.
Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2013, 09:27 PM   #177 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3994

Cheeky

Please remember this is testing, so this test world is unlikely to be kept... don't start building Taj Mahals and stuff you'd be sad to see gone
Old 19th January 2013, 10:51 PM   #178 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2270 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Yeehaw

I'm really liking the seed for this world, lovely mountains and heaps of ravines. I've set up in a really beautiful canyon. Test or not this is great fun
Old 20th January 2013, 12:26 AM   #179 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1168

Devilish

Can someone please write up a guide on how I can get into this as I have no idea of what any of what you guys are saying is, it all sounds like garble to me.

I've only just come back to the game and only played in alpha so help would be much appreciated.
D3lthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 12:44 AM   #180 (permalink)
In Memory
Ace - Post: 8612 TOG Legend

Relaxed

what hard setting is this set to guys bloody hell ???

Thank you Chiack

Carm is offline   Reply With Quote