Old 21st January 2013, 02:51 PM   #211 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 807

Mellow

Would like to modify my original like/dislike post a tiny tad.

If Xycraft is the one with the shiny ores that show up while the world is loading ,definitely in favor of nuking that one. With nukes. Adios. Although it was shiny over at irimar's, the loading and the texture need a ton of work.

As for the wisps etc... well, the little "adventure" Akira and I had made for some fun times, so I'm ok with keeping them actually. Go figure. That and the idea of potentially altering the local environment based on deeds/misdeeds sounds kinda neatish.

Keep for sure: inventory tweaks. We've had this argument before during the vanilla days and ironically, I now see Obsi in favor of it (for the same reasons of being against it originally... lol? )
Deweyoxberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21st January 2013, 03:03 PM   #212 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Elite - Post: 2851

Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deweyoxberg View Post
If Xycraft is the one with the shiny ores that show up while the world is loading ,definitely in favor of nuking that one. With nukes. Adios. Although it was shiny over at irimar's, the loading and the texture need a ton of work.
That's the one. I'm curious, though. More than one person has made reference to it showing up 'while the world is loading'. What do you mean? I haven't seen anything like this, I don't think.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 03:36 PM   #213 (permalink)
Div. Vice Captain
Wildstar
Elite - Post: 2623 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Lurking

Like: Red power, blutriciry, inventory tweaks
Dislike: XYcraft, funky menu, gregtech in Mindcrack (liked it in original FTB)
Would like to see: Telporter pipes (?Advance pipes)
Indifferent: Portal gun (it's too buggy to use but makes for cool decoration), MFFS (never used it)
Old 21st January 2013, 04:35 PM   #214 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

Are more tests being run? The server is currently telling me that I'm not whitelisted.
Old 21st January 2013, 04:37 PM   #215 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1666

Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irimar View Post
That's the one. I'm curious, though. More than one person has made reference to it showing up 'while the world is loading'. What do you mean? I haven't seen anything like this, I don't think.
Same here I have never had it show either. I think it must be client local load lag, not sure.

Xycraft also brings in new torches, and some new ores like the Aluminum ore. Which does not appear to be compatible with the aluminum of the normal IC.

I do like the blocks those crystals make and the torches, but its no big deal to lose I suppose.

edit:
here are some of the Xycraft stuff on our server:

Some of the gregtech stuff I would like to see stay, but some should prob go. It can be set server specific. I did feel mining lasers were too cheap before, and the new quarry price makes them a later game item which will help with their lag etc.

Last edited by Misnik; 21st January 2013 at 04:43 PM.
Misnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 04:38 PM   #216 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9159

Apologies. I was trying a modification this morning and forgot to trun the whitelist back. I will be trying again now, and will explain all if it works. So access might be blocked for another 30 mins or so.

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 04:40 PM   #217 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

Ok. I'll hop onto Frontier for a few then.

Thanks,
Brew
Old 21st January 2013, 04:53 PM   #218 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 280

30 mins hey that was like an hour ago

Minecraft isn't Minecraft after playing Feed The Beast
TAZZROK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 04:58 PM   #219 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4012

Cheeky

Quote:
inventory tweaks. We've had this argument before during the vanilla days and ironically, I now see Obsi in favor of it (for the same reasons of being against it originally... lol? )
Because before we were discussing allowing people to download it and use it on our Sanctuary/Frontier servers, where it would be only those people who specifically downloaded it who had access to it. So some people would have it and some people would not. So not everyone has the same advantages of having it. We felt it was wrong to require some people to install mods to have the same benefits as another player on the server. Which is why we don't allow most mods to be used.

Now it is part of a pack that everyone who uses the server *HAS* to download - so everyone using the server has it and it is thus equal and fair for all. So it's a completely different situation to before. I would still not be in favour of having it on Sanctuary/Frontier.

I will also point out that I was not the only member of the modmin team to vote against it being allowed on our servers.

Quote:
I'm curious, though. More than one person has made reference to it showing up 'while the world is loading'. What do you mean? I haven't seen anything like this, I don't think.

Those black blocks you see, are those new shiny ores.

Not very good examples, but 2 screenshots I happened to have
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-01-19_21.17.02.jpg (68.6 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-01-19_21.48.25.jpg (35.6 KB, 47 views)

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 05:04 PM   #220 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9159

30 mins, give or take a century... patience Grasshopper

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote