Old 21st January 2013, 05:23 PM   #221 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1441

Lurking

I'm pretty indifferent about most the mods. Only one I really want to keep is the awesome Twilight forest. I also like the redwoods and the myst books were fun but dunno where they fall in all that.

I'm not a huge fan of the machinery but others seem to like them and I don't mind being the odd person out and borrowing other people's machines from time to time. I just prefer to dig through the ground on my own power.

I guess I could give up the cute little oracle turrets from Portal.
[
Retired from: SW:TOR: Zyran WoW: Reave Aion: Reave FFXI: Zyran]

Last edited by Zyran; 21st January 2013 at 05:33 PM.
Zyran is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21st January 2013, 05:25 PM   #222 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Elite - Post: 2824

Grumpy

Obsi, I know what the ores look like. I don't get world holes like that unless there's something wrong with the server. I haven't had any at all on the current world.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 05:25 PM   #223 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
30 mins, give or take a century... patience Grasshopper
used all them up today

Minecraft isn't Minecraft after playing Feed The Beast
TAZZROK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 05:57 PM   #224 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9128

Default FTB/Mindcrack world - opening 5pm AEDST Sat

We have now been testing a FTB server for around a month and it has been a lot of fun. It is now obvious that such a world is a suitable permanent replacement for the creative Sanctuary world. However FTB has faults. One possible solution is to shift to a MindCrack server instead. That is more up-to-date and reliable (we think), has many of the same features as FTB and may end up having a longer life.

However, we will need to develop a new world for it with its new ores (at least the ones we all like). In order to minimise the inconvience to you for all the work you have done testing FTB, we are going to paste the FTB world's city into the future Mindcrack world. For this reason, the following is the timetable:

MON-FRI: Using the present MindCrack server and client, run the FTB world. This means that only features relevant to MindCrack will be useable. Players need to
  • move any belongings into the city from any other part of any world or any other dimension
  • minimise the amount of machinery in the city (lag issues)
  • minimise the amount of piping in the city (lag issues)
  • stop quarries in the city and cap them.
SAT, 5pm AEDST: We will open the new MindCrack world and server. This will include
  • the world regenerated for MindCrack resources
  • the FTB city will be retained but we will expect less machinery there
  • MindCrack reoptimised with just what mods we decide we want
  • a new Nether and End
  • a new Twilight World
  • new Myst world/s
  • Will use the FTB Mindcrack client plus the following client mods
    • Mystcraft
    • Mo's Creatures
    • Additional Pipes
See http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...ck-server.html for instructions on how to install and run the mod pack etc on your PC.

In the new world, players can wander around and set up outside the city. We may shift and set up a new spawn site slightly away from the heavily industrial FTB city (which we want to become less industrial).

We will also give you a more definite set of rules. These will still restrict usage of things like quarries but will endeavour to still give you a lot of freedom to enjoy the modpack. We will add the rules when finalised but some changes may be made to the FTB city by the Admin team in the coming week.

World time conversions (Event Time Announcer - Launch of Mindcrack world)
Auckland Sat 7:00 PM
Los Angeles Fri 10:00 PM
New York Sat 1:00 AM
Stockholm Sat 7:00 AM

Normal Survival mode
Server address : tog.swoit.as:25565

Thanks

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 24th January 2013 at 11:26 PM. Reason: add the new mods
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 05:58 PM   #225 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Default Standing rules for the TOG Mindcrack Server

The standing rules for the TOG Mindcrack Server
  • If a rule isn't listed here, go by TOG Minecraft Server Code of Conduct and Frontier rules. Otherwise, be considerate of other players.
  • The world border is considered to be 3000 blocks east, west, north and south of 0,0. Players should not journey or construct beyond this unmarked border.
  • Be mindful of things that add to the load of the CPU and contribute to resulting lag. These include engines, machinery, power sources, excessive piping, piping junctions, chunk loading, animal farms, golems. This is especially true in the city plots.
  • If you are not playing, then machines must be deactivated, including turtles,fillers and quarries.
  • World anchors or similar automatic chunk loading effects cannot be used.
  • New Myst worlds cannot be created without permission from the Admin team.
  • Nuclear explosives are banned from use on our servers.
  • Each player is limited to a maximum of 3 turtles in total and a maximum of 10 golems in total.
  • For these rules, a quarry is considered to be an automated quarry machine or a mining turtle or an automated filler, or any similar automated large scale mining machine.
  • Each player can only set up/use a single quarry at a time on the server.
  • Quarries cannot be set for digging more than the default quarry machine horizontal dimensions (9x9).
  • Quarry spaces(or similar excavations) to bedrock must be underground or covered with at least 3 layers of solid blocks when finished with.
  • No quarry space or equivalent can have flowing water placed in it. The exception is water used at the bottom levels of a filler machine.
  • Members of the Admin team may deactivate, modify or remove any devices that are causing harm to the server. Players will not be re-compensated for missing resources as a consequence but efforts will be made to save engines and machines.
  • Use of the communal Matter Fabricator at spawn requires following these rules.
Spawn city rules:
  • Within the city walls, a player may claim a single plot of land, bordered by the cobblestone edges of the roads.
  • Players can not modify any other part of the city. Under the edge of the road may be filled in and paths to doorways may replace some of the edging.
  • Next-door neighbours may collaborate and make tunnels or bridges between their plots. Otherwise, roads may not be built over or under.
  • Quarries, mining turtles, excavating fillers or equivalent automated mining tools and nuclear power stations cannot be used within the city.
  • Thaumcraft magic and associated activities, including the use of Arcane worktables, Infernal Furnaces and Infusion Altars must not be done in the city (Thaumcraft is highly recommended to be done only at TOGwarts)

Last edited by Obsi; 11th March 2013 at 06:16 PM. Reason: add rules
Old 21st January 2013, 05:59 PM   #226 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...ml#post3756760

I hope that explains what we have been working out and testing.

Sorontar

Old 21st January 2013, 06:05 PM   #227 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4010

Cheeky

Yeah but you asked what you meant by being able to see them as the world loaded - that's how it looks when the world is loading. Normally you just see nothing but lava, but those ores are the only ones you see while the world is loading like that. So you end up seeing a bunch of shiny blocks. The screen shots weren't the best examples - in game you see all the colours of the shiny ores.

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 06:09 PM   #228 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4010

Cheeky

To clarify - under this new plan - the land outside the city wall will *NOT* be regenerated as was previously the plan. So people can go build out there. This is because we have realised the city environment for a server like this is too laggy - so we have decided that while the city idea was a nice one to keep people together and foster a community spirit - having people spread out with their machines and things, is a much better idea.

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 06:12 PM   #229 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Final Fantasy XIV
Lethal - Post: 5548 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

Alrighty, thanks for your views thus far, as Obsi said, she was not the only one, infact I was and still am a staunch critic of the intweak mod. I am also against the inv tweak mod on the Fronteer and Survival servers, and to be frank here as well, if this server stays I will be disabling mine, I find it annoying and fiddly. that being said, as Obsi said here it's available to all so thats fair and euatable, this is how we will make alot of our mod decisions, is it fair to exclude Z mod on the ground that 2 people dislike, does it add anything, does it cause lag etc etc. Your views are important and will help us reach reasonable decisions that are suitible to the community and all who enjoy TOG FTB.

Some people like these automation, but I am old school, and as thus I prefer to have total control as sometimes I want things to be different that what the pc thinks I want.

now back onto task.

Last edited by DarkDuck; 21st January 2013 at 06:14 PM.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 06:19 PM   #230 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 279

Bored

May I get whitelisted please? It still says I haven't been added onto the list yet.
Thanks

Emeraldknight is offline   Reply With Quote