The following are now standing rules for how to use quarries in the Feed The Beast server. These rules are made in the interest of the community to miminise the server demands and reduce the lag during play.
All new quarries must meet these requirements. Any existing quarries have until 20 January to be modified. No water can be added to existing quarries. The rule on being on-line is active immediately.
- A "quarry" is a mechanism in FTB that automatically mines a defined area of land for a player. The mined materials can then be piped off for further processing by other machines. (see Quarry - Feed The Beast Wiki)
- Each player can only have one quarry placed or running on the server at a time.
- No quarry space can be set to dig more than the default space - 9 blocks by 9 blocks to bedrock. The frame is one block outside that space. Future quarry spaces can be placed next to previous quarry spaces.
- No quarry space can contain running water whilst running nor when finished.
- No quarry can be left running whilst the player is not in-game.
- Any of the Admin team may destroy, turn off or dismantle any quarries and associated mechanisms that they feel are interfering with the running of the server. Other players may be asked to assist with the permission of the Admin team. Players may be reimbursed for the machinery but not any mined materials.
- For this reason, quarries need to be signposted so we easily know who built them.
Further rules will be added to this as the need arises. Further server settings may restrict some of the activities of the quarry. These rules may be lessened if we get the lag under control.
Also note various courtesies about how to do your quarrying - http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...ettiquite.html
. These ettiquites will later be added to this OP.