Old 31st January 2013, 12:00 PM   #391 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky

Why are you changing the config files?

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31st January 2013, 12:58 PM   #392 (permalink)
Division Captain
MechWarrior Online
Elite - Post: 3173

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsi View Post
We plan to reinstate the ftb maproom with linkbooks to all the city plots and people's outer city places too.
-- anyone wanting to be among the first to have their place in the spotlight - send me a PM with some details or catch me in game.
This would be great.. ..i would put my hand up but my construction is very new and i have a massive list of things i need to setup before i get things really rolling..

MWO: White Bear 84 | Minecraft/Rust: white_bear_84 | BF3/BF4 - Fired_up_Bear84 | ESO: WhiteBear84 |

white_bear_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2013, 01:13 PM   #393 (permalink)

Cheeky
Default FTB/MindCrack: Introducing 3 new worlds!

Our long awaited (ok, not long, but we're impatient ) Myst worlds are here. A big thanks to Irimar and Misnik for working on them.

.. and yes.... I said worlds

You'll find the portal room at Spawn has changed a little, with the Myst portals now located on the wall.

(I've even colour-coded them for your convenience )

All 3 new Myst worlds are different from the last one, so there's plenty of new terrain to explore.

Wasteland (brown)
This is a wasteland world, purple sky and the blue myst crystals. It's not all bleak though, there is grass and trees.... You might also find something unique about this world, but I'll let you discover that.

Jorune (Blue)
This is a sky-land. Floating islands and flowing waterfalls. Mind your step!

Caverns (Black)
Normal world caves a bit ho-hum? Well here's a whole world of cave for you to explore! Load up on torches and explore the dark depths of this world.

enjoy!

Last edited by Obsi; 31st January 2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 31st January 2013, 01:19 PM   #394 (permalink)
Division Captain
MechWarrior Online

Amused

Do the myst worlds work in the same way as the overworld? Are there any constraints on construction etc?

MWO: White Bear 84 | Minecraft/Rust: white_bear_84 | BF3/BF4 - Fired_up_Bear84 | ESO: WhiteBear84 |

Old 31st January 2013, 01:21 PM   #395 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9273

Yes, a big thanks to Misnik and Irimar. These worlds are all a little different to the normal reality. At the moment they don't have mobs spawning it seems, but don't expect that to be permanent.

You are welcome to build or mine in these worlds, but please leave a little space around their "spawn" areas so that community resources can be added. For the skyworld, this probably means, find another island Also, please don't destroy the sky islands. Mine inside of them. You are welcome to build in the air between them.

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 31st January 2013 at 01:23 PM.
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2013, 01:30 PM   #396 (permalink)
Division Captain
MechWarrior Online

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
You are welcome to build or mine in these worlds, but please leave a little space around their "spawn" areas so that community resources can be added.
Sounds good!!!

Quote:
For the skyworld, this probably means, find another island Also, please don't destroy the sky islands. Mine inside of them. You are welcome to build in the air between them.
Definitely an important rule to put down.. ..should there be a limitation to building between islands to maintain the feel of the world e.g. Number of squares or height etc.. ..maybe even have to submit a development proposal to admin?

Old 31st January 2013, 01:50 PM   #397 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9273

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_bear_84 View Post
Definitely an important rule to put down.. ..should there be a limitation to building between islands to maintain the feel of the world e.g. Number of squares or height etc.. ..maybe even have to submit a development proposal to admin?
It is a big world (well 6000x6000 by the border rule). We like to allow people to build what they like. If someone wants to build from the top void to bottom void, they can. There is no bedrock that I know of. I don't know why they would but we are all our own architects.

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 31st January 2013 at 01:55 PM.
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2013, 01:57 PM   #398 (permalink)
Division Captain
MechWarrior Online

Amused

Quote:
It is a big world. We like to allow people to build what they like. If someone wants to build from the top void to bottom void, they can. There is no bedrock that I know of. I don't know why they would but we are all our own architects.
Sorontar
Sound good.. ..yep its interesting to see what people build! Everyone has a very different imagination!!

Old 31st January 2013, 02:47 PM   #399 (permalink)

Cheeky

Quote:
maybe even have to submit a development proposal to admin?
That would be a bit restrictive to people.

It would be nice if people could build in a way that isn't going to spoil it for others, but people are free to build what and where they like (other than the bit right around the spawn spot)

Old 31st January 2013, 03:31 PM   #400 (permalink)
Master of Squee
Elite - Post: 3057 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Relaxed

So excited! Can't wait to check these out. Thanks irimar and Misnik!