TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th February 2013, 09:49 AM   #631 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Elite - Post: 2661

Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheith View Post
There you go, using the 'r' word!!
Is duck allowed to use that word?
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15th February 2013, 09:50 AM   #632 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3996

Cheeky

Check the beginner's guide as the post and people's comments have a lot of good info for people new to FTB

#2 - You basically want to get to 30xp, then take whatever you want to enchant to the enchanting table at Spawn - click the enchanting table and place your item in the slot. You'll see 3 options on the side, which will have the XP it costs to enchant - you won't be able to read what it says - it's designed to be mysterious.

It's usually best to pick the highest level, so just click that one and it will enchant the item. It's luck of the draw which enchantments you get. So some people prefer to enchant a book instead of a tool, that way if it's an enchantment you didn't really want, you've not wasted a tool, and you can later use the enchanted books with a tool on the anvil (also at spawn, along the wall a bit) to put the enchantments you want onto your tools.

3/4). It really depends on what your aims are and how much you want to do yourself vs using other people's machines. But I think a macerator/pulveriser, compressor, power-making-machine (I prefer solar) and furnaces are your main ones to get started. Add a rolling machine if you can (to make the combined alloy plates (or whatever they are called) as it's not that hard to make.

Another good one is the extractor - it lets you get more rubber from the resin, also when you get cells you don't want as byproducts in other machines (eg hydrogen cells), it lets you take out the stuff in the cells to get the empty cells back again.

Last edited by Obsi; 15th February 2013 at 09:55 AM.
Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 09:51 AM   #633 (permalink)
Division Vice Captain
MechWarrior Online
Elite - Post: 2667

Amused

Dont windmills have restrictions on placing other blocks near them though? There are some high patches near my plot - could make a goo wind farm!!

I still have a big hole in the ground though, either im going to use it to store lava or make a water tower for the fun of it

On a side note a couple of questions on electric furnaces
1. Do any input pipes have to be on a particular side?
2. Why cant generators get power from lava

MWO: White Bear 84 | Minecraft/Rust: white_bear_84 | BF3/BF4 - Fired_up_Bear84 | ESO: WhiteBear84 |

white_bear_84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 09:52 AM   #634 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9015

I'll leave it to the quarry experts in the Admin team to confirm, but that sounds okay. The quarry rules are designed to minimise the effect of the quarry's built-in chunk loading. It is the stand-alone anchors that this rule is specifically targetting. We have just made it broad enough that it covers any mod features we weren't aware of.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 09:53 AM   #635 (permalink)
Division Vice Captain
MechWarrior Online
Elite - Post: 2667

Amused

That is a cool setup. All i will say

MWO: White Bear 84 | Minecraft/Rust: white_bear_84 | BF3/BF4 - Fired_up_Bear84 | ESO: WhiteBear84 |

white_bear_84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 09:53 AM   #636 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Elite - Post: 2661

Grumpy

For buildcraft pipes (i.e. cobblestone, stone, wood, &c), there are waterproof versions. For RedPower 2 piping(pneumatic tubes), there are fluid pipes.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 10:02 AM   #637 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3996

Cheeky

Just be aware that if you fill a hole with water, if you're only putting water in the top, it can be running in the lower levels and that creates massive lag.

I tried watermills as my first machine, and they were pretty crappy....
Old 15th February 2013, 10:12 AM   #638 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8254 TOG Silver Level Supporter

To be extra safe, put a chest on the other side of the item teleport pipe (for the quarry). That way, should the destination chunk unload for any reason, items will flow into the chest instead of popping out.

Also as Akira has shown; if you put your receiver pipe and engines very close together (in the same chunk) then if that chunk unloads, the items in the quarry would start overflowing as there is no destination. But thanks to the engines being in the same chunk as the receiver, the power will be automatically cut at the same time, preventing overflow.
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 10:12 AM   #639 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1171

Devilish

On the thread I started for mod suggestions (mods for thought) there is a mod specifically made for what you want.

Which is Liquid Relay Mod.

Last edited by D3lthar; 15th February 2013 at 10:25 AM.
D3lthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 10:22 AM   #640 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8254 TOG Silver Level Supporter

3. I don't know if I would agree a macerator is easier to build than a pulverizer. The pulverizer doesn't need diamonds, which the macerator does. It also uses lower level items through the entire process, is easier to hook into other machines and has a chance to produce "bonus" items. If you have lava available you can power it directly using a magmatic engine (or a normal stirling engine if you have coal).
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote