The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Minecraft (Public Forum) (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/)
-   -   Frontier: no sheep? (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/475405-frontier-no-sheep.html)

Fox 13th January 2013 02:19 PM

Frontier: no sheep?

I know it is sacriledge mentioning frontier around here but there is a noticable lack of signage around spawn. Its hard to know what is open to the community and what is not. I'm reluctant to take anything unless it says "take me - I'm free". There are some signs in the lower level near spawn which is great.

Is this just the way it happened over time? Each server has idiocyncracies and I suspect a lack of signs is one of those things. I hear about the wild west and i only found it by looking at the techtronic (whatever its called) map. Its in the south btw - not in the west. :D

And do we need more sheep?

AdmiralTriggerH 13th January 2013 02:42 PM

Usually anything within the spawn building thats not labelled with another players name is a community resource, anything outside that building is a players unless otherwise labelled.

MadMax 13th January 2013 03:13 PM

Beware a fox looking for sheep!

Fox 13th January 2013 03:19 PM

I'm not a kiwi btw :D

DarkDuck 13th January 2013 04:19 PM

there are still wild sheep, however these are out past the main part of spawn.

anything in the spawn building (where you start) is a community resource. there is also other buildings about that have signage that says it's for community. if in doubt, ask :)

As for locations, in the basement of Admirals tower (hard to miss, the giant glass building) is the Train Station, it has 4 platforms that will take you anywhere, which one takes you where though I cannot recall, lol.

Obsi 13th January 2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

anything in the spawn building (where you start) is a community resource.
Well there is a locker room with labelled chests belonging to players - but yes, everything else is community resources. Just replant wheat you take, throw eggs to replenish chickens etc.

Sorontar 13th January 2013 06:00 PM

To find wildlife, your best bet is to be in a chunk in which no-one has been building. This can sometimes be a bit hard to judge but a good way is to use the Tectonicus map set to night and look for torches. Since passive mobs don't despawn/respawn, once they are gone, they are gone. However, other players are often willing to give you some of their stock for you to start a farm.

As for chests, in the spawn building, as people have pointed out, they are community stocks. Outside of the spawn building, all chests and buildings should be regarded as owned, unless marked otherwise. The chests in the village in the Wild West follow the Wild West rules (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...-frontier.html).

Sorontar

Fate 19th January 2013 11:13 AM

i dont know if its ideal for you because its a fair distance away from where you are, but i have a coloured sheep farm b/w admiral's skyscraper and stargate command and i am happy for you to take some sheep from there.

Brew 19th January 2013 11:27 AM

There are still wild sheep in the forest south of my castle, which is east of spawn. The more colorful ones are feral escapees which you are free to take as well. Feel free to take a couple from my pens if you need as well.

Fox 19th January 2013 12:26 PM

I've started a sheep/chicken/cow/pig breed and release program so my area has pennned and wild livestock all over the place. :)

I considered taking some to spawn in carts. For noobs with no armour, food or bed it can be very callenging getting started when you cant kill a sheep for a bed or a pig for food.

That said, i found a pen near spawn that has all one needs and i think im the last noob to join frontier anyway. :D

Thanks for the offers though. :)