Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th January 2013, 05:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Division Captain
MechWarrior Online
Elite - Post: 2876

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
We have already had to modify the server settings here to match them to the client. Otherwise, the recipes weren't working at all. Initially we had made most of them set to easy, but alas, it did not work due to the mismatch.

Sorontar
This is what I was getting at with my OP.

If you change any config settings server side , anyone that plays on the server will need the config file.

So if you are not going to change anything recipe wise leave it on hard mode, if you are changing things then customise it as much as we want.

I have my own server to test things on, to figure out cost and time to build, test reactors, test machines, see what creates lag and what does not, a few of the guys here play on it, it started of as direwolf 20 and has been ported to mindcrack + all the extra mods.

As far as gregtech goes for easy mode

If you want to negate people having to use recyclers to create uu, and therefore negating more machines, turn the mass fab back on in gregtech recipes
Quote:
B:Massfabricator=true
Easier recipies
Quote:

B:DifficultIridiumPlate=false
B:ElectricSteelTools=false
B:ExpensiveBCQuarryRecipe=false
B:ExpensiveLaser=false
B:ExpensiveMaceratorRecipe=false
B:ExpensiveNanoSaber=false
B:ExpensiveNukeRecipe=false
B:ExpensiveSolarRecipe=false
B:ExpensiveWatermillRecipe=false
B:ExpensiveWindRecipe=false
B:TitaniumDiamondDrill=false
And in the cfg
Quote:
B:ForestryBronzeNerf=false
And tell us what mods to remove recipe wise so it does not show up our NEI
Anything not able to be crafted we need the config for also.
So if ender chests and world anchors have been set to false give us those configs too.
Anything config server side you change put in a zip, throw up on dropbox and link it in the whitelist post.

Quote:
Have you downloaded the custom config?
Y/N
Anyone that has problems with recipes can then be told to download the custom config, sorted.

As as aside I do think changing the recipies to easy would be benifical, if for the sole reason that we won't need x amount of players building 30 windmills to power the five extra machines required to make a simple solar panel.

It's a time to end game / too many machines balance.

/my 2c

Last edited by Bru1zer; 30th January 2013 at 05:30 PM.
Bru1zer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30th January 2013, 05:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru1zer View Post
If you change any config settings server side , anyone that plays on the server will need the config file.
That mod obviously isn't designed for multiplayer then. Thanks for that explanation.

Our main concerns are with the Myst worlds and Mo's Creatures at the moment, but we need to know what other mods aren't working as expected. Any info helps.

Quote:
It's a time to end game / too many machines balance.
Minecraft has an end game?

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 30th January 2013 at 05:54 PM.
Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2013, 07:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Final Fantasy XIV
Lethal - Post: 5572 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

BTW Brusier, the server has standard CFG file, so these issues are not cfg file related
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2013, 07:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5113

Amused

Could be worth trying the latest version of Gregtech 2.77g on the server.
Old 1st February 2013, 03:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
Division Captain
MechWarrior Online
Elite - Post: 2876

Amused

I can duplicate this error on my server.

On the server have a look at
AdvancedSolerPanel.cfg

Right down the bottom I bet you a doughnut the last line says "false"

"recipes settings" {
B:"Disable AdvancedSolarPanel recipe"=false
B:"Disable DoubleSlab recipe"=false
B:"Disable HybridSolarPanel recipe"=false
B:"Disable UltimateSolarPanel recipe"=false
B:"Enable hard recipes"=true

The first solar panel recipe is modified by gregtech the other three are modified by advanced solars.
I remember someone mentioned the configs were originally set to easy then changed back to default when there were recipe problems, this one was most likely missed in the rollback.

With this set to false irradiant uranium does not exist, thats why you cannot craft it, that's why you cannot craft the IU reinforced glass, thats why you cannot use the IURG in the recipe.

At the moment the recipe is this.
Standard reinforced glass, tested on the TOG server and although the end product does not show up in the crafting table it lets you pull out an advanced solar panel.

YW

Old 1st February 2013, 06:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 566

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru1zer View Post
This is what I was getting at with my OP.

As as aside I do think changing the recipies to easy would be benifical, if for the sole reason that we won't need x amount of players building 30 windmills to power the five extra machines required to make a simple solar panel.

/my 2c
Personally I would have to disagree with putting back the easy mode recipes, it would all just be too trivial then to make things. It didn't take me that long to make my first advanced solar (with Obsi actually swapping components for items I couldn't craft). I certainly didn't need 30 windmills I think at that point I only had the one basic generator and an MFE.
Old 1st February 2013, 05:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Div. Vice Captain
Wildstar
Elite - Post: 2653 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Lurking

I can't get any of the Soulshard mod recipes to work. Was this mod disabled or is it another glitch y recipe?
Old 1st February 2013, 05:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Soulshard was removed. We will amend http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...ck-server.html to make it clearer what has been omitted.

The other mod emitted is XyCraft. Most of the Portal Gun mod is deactivated, but the longfall boots have been allowed.

Sorontar

Old 1st February 2013, 07:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Default Promotion article for our Mindcrack server

Now that we have got the Mindcrack server up and running, I think we need another homepage article. It needs to outline the mods we use and describe the worlds we offer and what we have done with the city. Maybe, a paragraph to each with a single image.

I was wondering if anyone would like to take this on? Our divisional journos and Admin team can help polish it up/format it, but I would love it if a divisional member wrote it. If you want an idea of what I am after, have a look at the articles in Minecraft News | TOG - The Older Gamers and Minecraft Events | TOG - The Older Gamers.

Ideally, this needs to be written in the next two weeks.

Sorontar

Old 3rd February 2013, 02:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Default World map for Mindcrack world

There is now a weekly map for the Mindcrack world. See Our Worlds - servers, maps, claims, downloads for the world map and the city map. Here is a smaller version of the world map.

The city map is full detail. The world map is compressed due to its original size. Unfortunately we haven't yet worked out how to make a Google map for this world (Tectonicus is tailored for Bukkit, not Forge). In addition, Obsi has made a city plot layout map - http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/x...psc41e405b.png . The same details can be obtained if you visit the map room in the Wasteland Myst dimension.

You will note on the world map that the corners of the border have already been visited. From this you can see that a number of players have travelled close to the 6000x6000 block border but stayed inside (thanks guys). Please continue to respect this rule and remember that it means no mining or placing blocks outside the border.

Sorontar
Attached Images
File Type: png map_mindcrack_world_500.png (84.7 KB, 154 views)

Last edited by Sorontar; 3rd February 2013 at 02:29 PM.