Old 27th February 2013, 06:45 AM   #381 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

Me too. My quarry just collected a rocky drone and a rocky princess, and I need to figure out what the heck they might be good for.

Old 27th February 2013, 07:08 AM   #382 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2344

Cynical

Yeah, when I later mentioned reinstalled, I meant everything involved (minecraft and java) My JRE is now revision 15.

After my BF3 match I came back for another try at 11:45pm. Worked perfectly fine. This morning I jumped on to check at 7am. Perfectly fine.

This is now suggesting maybe it isn't actually the router, but the local exchange perhaps? Just so weird that even should that be the case, it is only Minecraft that is affected. (Considering without any resets or reboots of either modem or PC, I went and played a competitive match of BF3 against some of the best in the ladder without any lag on their Australian server...)

The fact that it sometime works flawlessly (well, y'know normally at least :P ) gives me hope ha ha.

- OJ
OranjeJus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 07:35 AM   #383 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2344

Cynical

This is quite similar to what I'm going to do and Cheith has saved me the effort of describing the process (although it is Thermal Generators that give the 30k EU.) It might not be the most efficient, but it is an interesting stepping stone before hitting up something for huge power generation, which I'm developing a plan for.

- OJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheith View Post
MJ converts to EU (in this method) at a rate of 1 MJ -> 1.25 EU (Geothermal gives 30K EU/lava for 24,000MJ input). Do NOT use Electric Engines to power a magma generator as the best you can do is 2.5EU -> 1 MJ.

So, you would get 1kW of BU becomes 1.25EU using this method. Based on the Bluelectric Engine stats you only need one engine per magma generator.

So, in theory (with a max output of 200W each) you would need something like 75 solar panels to operate the engine/magma combo continuously (15kW). A battery box would empty in something like 20 seconds (300kJ) I guess.

All in all, interesting but not efficient. I recommend Duck's fuel burning! Of course you can get more EU using the magma route (1 fuel in a combustion gives 600,000MJ -> 750kEU) but it may not be worth the pain of setting it up. It is, though, another way to remove all that cobble!!!

Cheith.
OranjeJus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 07:39 AM   #384 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Final Fantasy XIV
Lethal - Post: 5548 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

hmm, now the issue I have is that to bestow the following knowledge on people requires, you all to be responsible, and the tricky part is that thus far it appears there are some whom are not.

Brainy Zombies are a result of Flux, they do not naturally occur, the problem being to have them spawn you need to release a very specific type of flux, however you only have a chance of a zombie as 1/3 of the time there is always a chance of a wisp.

so, before you release flux you HAVE to make sure you do not do it at spawn or where other people have setups, I can add a room to TOGWarts.

To spawn a brany zombie you need to release cognito into the atmosphere, doing so SHOULD result in a chance (not a huge chance but a chance) to have a Zombie.

as for Big Cat Claws, I have one on me the cats spawn on planes so they are not impossible to find, frankly it's like diamonds you have to do the work to get them

Set up a tradomatic and we can let supply and demand play out.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 07:55 AM   #385 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Final Fantasy XIV
Lethal - Post: 5548 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deweyoxberg View Post
Think you meant different IP there Ducky.
nope, well yes and no, the main result would be a different port, you cannot guarantee a different IP (and on some plans you might have a fixed IP) but on the exchange there are X amount of ports and when you disconnect for 15 mins someone will have pinched your port on the exchange (most likely) and you will have a new port.

the new port often will be on a different router and will most likely result in different routing on the network (different hops etc) so as to spread the load. this was the advice as explained to me by IINet during my dark days.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 10:21 AM   #386 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 101

Blah

I have 6 big cat claws and I'm not getting into Ponies (too much of that obsession in my house at the moment, i can do without them).
Old 27th February 2013, 10:26 AM   #387 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 782

Mellow

I'd assume this is ADSL... when I use the term "port" it has nothing to do with establishing client services. (IE: Our FTB runs on "port" xxxxx).

Unless you're talking about being load balanced to another switch/router because of the offline time. I would be really surprised to see anything less than a week to be honest but your mileage may vary and depends on a lot of factors. In a cable environment with enough spare overhead clearing out someone's previous connection isn't high on the to do list
Deweyoxberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 10:28 AM   #388 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 101

Blah

Could those grid loops be fixed with a bit of paint on the cables?
Old 27th February 2013, 10:28 AM   #389 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 782

Mellow

Did someone say bees can make explosives?!

I will "bee" very pleased shortly...
Deweyoxberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 10:32 AM   #390 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8304 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Yeah, if you paint the cables they won't connect to each other anymore. I fixed my loops at the solar arrays that way.
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is online now   Reply With Quote