Old 5th February 2013, 10:01 PM   #31 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9273

I forgot Obsi's pics from http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...ew-worlds.html so we already have Myst world pics.

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5th February 2013, 10:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5771 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

it's just a very rough draft, but ya Obsi I want more about peoples stuff, and less about me, I want this to be about the div, but I needed something to give a feel to the story, so I used what I knew, my stuff...
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 07:04 AM   #33 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft

Lurking

Version 2, changed some content, refreshed it all a little,

First there was Minecraft, with itís pistons, lego like structures and style, but this was not enough.

Not content with the stealthy creepers, TOG Minecraft Division opened the door to the unknown and unleashed Feed the Beast, MindCrack edition.
Living upto itís name Mindcrack takes Minecraft to a whole new level, with over 30 modís to the game this has truly a lot to offer, and has blown more than one of the regularís minds with all thats on offer.

Whether your new to Minecraft, or a seasoned vetern of Creeper attacks and zombie raids, Mindcrack offers all thats in the original game, but offers so much more. Ranging from new forms of redstone, to allow even more complex creations, dozens of different animals (Pandaís, Elephantís Horses and Sharks) more technology and automation methods, and of course real world styled trains, passenger cars and freight wagons. Mindcrack has something to offer absolutely everyone.

Initially, we as a division started a small humble project known as Spawn City, we all grabbed a plot, and built to our hearts content, in this small area (each lot is only 60 blocks square) you have the many variations on design, style and expression of peoples personalities, from Sorontar (our DCís) simple Grass hill, with itís enchanting rooms beneath the hill (very Hobbit like) to the Soaring structure of Skovilleís stone archs, the graceful and elegant lines of Daedalousí humble home, to Obsiís Farmstead (with Stables).

The beauty of minecraft, and Mindcrack is that you are not restricted, you are free, t build what you want, mine what you want.
From this humble beginning the Division streached out to the four corners of the world, and there set up new homes, having Spawn city as our city dwellings we have been busy, building and experimenting.
The Mindcrack pack is almost impossible to sum up as a whole, there is too much and while it all works seamlessly together, there are 4 distinct parts to it.
Technology:
The Technology is the main component, Oil, Trains, Machines, Electricity, multiple new alloys, and so much more. The purpose of these mods are to allow the automation of mining, through the use of Quarries, mining Drills, and Fillers. Pipes transport these to new chests (more capacity) or Barrels. You can create complex workshops that allow you to get every possible scrap out of an ore, block or whatever you desire.
With the Red Power 2 mod there is the ďFrameís and Frame MotorísĒ this allows you to create gates, that are as big as you like, and add a really cool flavour to the game. These also introduce new tools (drill, chainsaw, rock cutter) that allow you to mine and chop without losing durability; you need to use electricity instead.

Magic
Next is the mystical Thaumcraft mod, this mod introduces some magic fun, think of it as enchanting, making wands for weapons, but also items for improving your resources, the infernal furnice has a chance of producing nuggets that you can turn into full bars. You can create Golums, the golums are small creatures which depending on their type help you out. All in all this mod adds a little feel of magic and alot of fun.

Nature
Moís Creatures, it does what Moís does best, adds creatures, from cats, to Horses, all the way to Elephants and mammoths. It adds pets, enemies, werewolves. The content is immence, and the uses could be pure asthetics, or you could have your very own pet.
Then there is Forestry, it adds a cross over of technology with nature, you can create farms to automate your tree chopping, wheat harvesting, mushroom farming and more. But it also brings Beeís, you can make honey, and alcohol, MEAD!!!! (yes ythe game now has Alcohol)
But this is not all, the original forestry had 12 beeís, the More Beeís mod that is in Mindcrack extrends this to over 70 allowing you to breed beeís which literally can fulfil any role and produce almost anything.

MystCraft - For anyone who played one of the myst games, these adds nice nostalgia to the game, for those who didnít, this of being able to go to different worlds by using a book. With the introduction of Mystcraft we have 3 new worlds

Caverns Ė a dark place, loads of caves, and crevices, the giant treeís above streach their roots down and the roots streach all through the cave systems, I recommend loads of torches if you venture in for some spelunking action.

Jolun (the Skyland Realm), This has no ground, so watch your step, loads of floating islands, a good place to have a zeplin or a fully charged jetpack.

Wastlands: This is a broad expance of world, not all of itís a wasteland, but there is a secret or two here, but mind the lightning, it is rather shocking.

Minecraft Mindcrack can be as big a time sink, or as small a one as you want, you can accomplish community tasks, like that of the TOG Zoo.
Tourok and Obsi are the chief Designers of our Zoo, this will hold Tourokís reptile collection, some Horses kindly donated by Obsi, My Elephant, Panda, Scorpion, and SHARK! In the end it is hoped we will have most of the available tamable mobs in Mindcrack in the zoo for all to see and enjoy.

But thats not where it ends, While there is a magic, and technology side, along with an animal side, there is also pets, fish in bowls, oh and did I mention there are over 72 species of bee for you to breed. Thatís right you can do some bee keeping, getting honey to make ambrosia (a super effective potion) you can automate the process with red power or build craft pipes, you can use genetic splicerís to create your own bee with the traits you desire (within reason, no refund given for mutant beeís that attack you).

So if you have a copy of Minecraft, or you are looking at getting it, swing on by our forums, say hi, we are more than happy to welcome you to our community, you will be able to get tips, advice, help and give it too. We are all learning and thats the beauty of Mindcrack, there is so much to learn, so much to do, you will never be bored, or lonely (the server is never quiet).

Last edited by DarkDuck; 12th February 2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 6th February 2013, 09:51 AM   #34 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1003

Mellow

Anyone object to reviewing for grammar/spelling?

Sorry, usage of its and it's drives me crazy

That being said... 72 types of bees?!?! :O holy smokies!
Deweyoxberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 11:14 AM   #35 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft

Lurking

Grammer away and chek my spalling its appealing bad
Old 6th February 2013, 12:09 PM   #36 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9273

Don't worry, the grammar, spelling, punctuation and formatting will all be jiggled a bit by the editting committee (well, me). I won't put up a webpage that I am not happy with.

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 6th February 2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: home page -> webpage
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 12:42 PM   #37 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky

looking great - I don't think this paragraph is needed though as it's just talking more about bees and things already mentioned

Quote:
But thats not where it ends, While there is a magic, and technology side, along with an animal side, there is also pets, fish in bowls, oh and did I mention there are over 72 species of bee for you to breed. That’s right you can do some bee keeping, getting honey to make ambrosia (a super effective potion) you can automate the process with red power or build craft pipes, you can use genetic splicer’s to create your own bee with the traits you desire (within reason, no refund given for mutant bee’s that attack you).

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 09:44 PM   #38 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5160

Amused

Tomorrow night we would like to trial the latest verion of Gregtech, available here :

(don't install it until after we are satisfied with the test results)

[Addon][IC≤ 1.106, 1.107, 1.108, 1.109, 1.110, 1.111, 1.112] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity! - Addons - IC≤ Forum

Our version of Gregtech is quite old, so we will be testing if version 2.78d fixes the recipe issues we have been having. It will involve restarting the server, and running a 15 minute test. If the recipe issues are still there, the server will revert back to our current Gregtech version.
Old 7th February 2013, 02:00 AM   #39 (permalink)
Master of Squee
Elite - Post: 3060 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Relaxed

I'm amazed at how much of the world is still unexplored! Not that I can see that remaining the case for too long...
Old 7th February 2013, 04:21 AM   #40 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 280

yes will be intresting to see the next map render I know I have coverd more than whats on the map atm.

also the ? on the left of bazzes plot is tymes

Minecraft isn't Minecraft after playing Feed The Beast

Last edited by TAZZROK; 7th February 2013 at 04:23 AM.
TAZZROK is offline   Reply With Quote