Old 27th February 2013, 10:39 AM   #391 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 102

Blah

So what's the math on how many and of what types of solar panels going into an MFSU in order to be the most benificial/efficient?

Old 27th February 2013, 10:57 AM   #392 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1194

Devilish

This would be really good if it solves the issue
D3lthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 11:01 AM   #393 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1194

Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZROK View Post
as for D3lthar everyone just Discounts him anyway so yer
lol
D3lthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 11:07 AM   #394 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5619 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

I was talking adsl. Sorry
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 11:15 AM   #395 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2376

Cynical

Yes, it is ADSL. I have established my modem/router (combined unit) is correctly port forwarding port 25565 so it's not that firewall. (And as I say, it's working, then not, then working.)

So right now, I'm sort of narrowing it down to a time of day thing. Will see if issue replicates tonight at a particular point in the evening.

Extended time with google has found nothing that suggests a reason or fix tho. Nor can I find any information about why a single service (minecraft) is affected like this when nothing else is. My next 'guess' would be that it's due to the way java interacts with the packets sent/received. I even did a tracert to the tog server while I couldn't connect properly, and it was all really low ms hops so nothing stood out along the path as being a problem...

- OJ
OranjeJus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 12:58 PM   #396 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 566

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by OranjeJus View Post
This is quite similar to what I'm going to do and Cheith has saved me the effort of describing the process (although it is Thermal Generators that give the 30k EU.) It might not be the most efficient, but it is an interesting stepping stone before hitting up something for huge power generation, which I'm developing a plan for.

- OJ
Indeed it is Thermal Generators, well spotted.

One thing to note is that you can sometimes get glitches with feeding the magma generator cobble causing the conduits feeding the generator it to overload and explode. Ideally this would not happen, but I have seen it happening more often with one of my two power rooms.

I think it is a timing issue and just need to spend time to fix it (probably a gold transport pipe would do it, it only happens on start-up).
Cheith.
Old 27th February 2013, 01:12 PM   #397 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2376

Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheith View Post
I think it is a timing issue and just need to spend time to fix it (probably a gold transport pipe would do it, it only happens on start-up).
Cheith.
If you're using BC pips, are you using gates to control the rate of the feed? Perhaps using the redpower stuff to regulate the supply also? I need to be able to get stable on server before I can start setting it up myself so thanks for the heads up in advance of a possible issue.

By the way, how many Thermal generators can 1 crucible supply?

- OJ
OranjeJus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 01:45 PM   #398 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2916

Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheith View Post
Indeed it is Thermal Generators, well spotted.

One thing to note is that you can sometimes get glitches with feeding the magma generator cobble causing the conduits feeding the generator it to overload and explode. Ideally this would not happen, but I have seen it happening more often with one of my two power rooms.

Cheith.
Use liquiduct. It doesn't blow up.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 01:51 PM   #399 (permalink)
Division Captain
MechWarrior Online
Elite - Post: 3006

Amused

On the subject of pumps and pipes, what would be a worthy trade to get some bee's wax to make some waterproof pipes??

MWO: White Bear 84 | Minecraft/Rust: white_bear_84 | BF3/BF4 - Fired_up_Bear84 | ESO: WhiteBear84 |

white_bear_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 01:57 PM   #400 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2916

Grumpy

You can cook cactus to make waterproofing as well.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote