Old 2nd March 2013, 03:10 AM   #471 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Elite - Post: 2824

Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedalusAlpha View Post
So you're saying that whatever you do in thaumcraft, eventually you will run your world into the ground?
Eventually. But that's like saying eventually you will run out of coal in Minecraft. It's certainly possible, but it would take a very long time, and is unlikely to be seen in normal play. You can, however, run your local area down to nothing. It will take a very long time, though.

Edit:
Sorry, I hit post and had another thought.
The whole point of my description of the recharge mechanic is this:
Using vis seems to generate a small amount of flux. It seems to be very small. What happens, though, is that the node that recharges your local node then generates a small amount of flux when your node draws from it. This happens down the entire chain. Also keep in mind that dark nodes generate flux just by existing, so this adds to the problem as well.

Last edited by Irimar; 2nd March 2013 at 03:27 AM.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2nd March 2013, 03:42 AM   #472 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 566

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlexor View Post
Does internal server error mean the server or the client, because there is nothing on this end in the console log and no crash report. As far as the client is concerned, i just got booted for the stated reason.

I mean with the link books, they worked fine before the down time and tweaking and nothing has changed on this end so I fail to see how that's a client problem. So I wouldn't even know where to begin with tracking down where the problem is occurring I guess.
Basically the server is telling the client to get lost as the client has done something the server does not like. Good practice says that an internal server error also means the server will log something, but there is no guarantee of that in this kind of an application.

Cheith.
Old 2nd March 2013, 03:51 AM   #473 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 566

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irimar View Post
You are correct, conduit is what I meant. It doesn't blow up, it just stops accepting energy. Engines from Thermal Expansion (Steam and Magmatic engines) will scale themselves back if not enough energy is being consumed, eventually shutting down.
Indeed, but if you are using combustion engines they will overheat (as the power cannot be output) and blow up unless you have an auto-shutoff valve.

I looked at the redstone energy cell and decided not to bother as it only holds 600k MJ (which one engine on biofuel would fill up in less than 2 hours of operation). There are also some posts on it being buggy when full and how it reports that.

Cheith
Old 2nd March 2013, 09:00 AM   #474 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 101

Blah

Okay, I turned on debug mode in the Console and will check it next time it happens. Hopefully that will help.
Old 2nd March 2013, 09:26 AM   #475 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Final Fantasy XIV
Lethal - Post: 5548 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

On my home server the log reads
"Minerduck disconnected - internal error"

Thats the only log as it's not a crash. I have experienced this myself once or twice, but for it to happen to me I have to try and access the ui of a redpower circuit (say a state cell) while holding a nano sabre.

this is a known issue but cannot be fixed as minecraft will insist on doing both the activation of the sabre and cell.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 09:32 AM   #476 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Final Fantasy XIV
Lethal - Post: 5548 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

and the other thing is that it's all about being responsible if you do things in a responsible manner then it will not go to hell, this is meant to be a bit of a stick to the reward.

Irimir do you have a goo resource for this info, I believe crystal clusters can fix this issue but cannot find info on how to use them.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 09:48 AM   #477 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Elite - Post: 2824

Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDuck View Post
Irimir do you have a goo resource for this info, I believe crystal clusters can fix this issue but cannot find info on how to use them.
I've been dragging through forum discussions quite a bit. Here's a thread that has some comprehensive notes, with links to things confirmed by Azanor and the source code: Aura and You: All About Thaumcraft 3 Aura Mechanics | Feed the Beast

Crystal clusters can recharge vis, but they do so very slowly, and they can actually charge a node above its maximum, which is interesting, but guess what that causes? Also, they can only be discovered through knowledge fragment research, so they're a bit of a shot in the dark.
On the other hand, Azanor has said that if you can get to 10 over the node max, a dull ore will turn back into an elemental ore, and if you can get to 100 over, it will turn a block of stone into an infused ore.

I'm doing some code diving myself to work out the flux generation. I'll report back when (if) I figure anything out.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 11:12 AM   #478 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 782

Mellow

So in short:

1) We can use goggles to see if our local areas have problems.
2) It is possible to fix but a severe PITA, so go to Togwarts.
3) Adjust gameplay accordingly as rain will be with us for some time.
Deweyoxberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 11:13 AM   #479 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 782

Mellow

Silverwood.

I had to go there. :P

Yes I know it can't be done. :P
Deweyoxberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 11:16 AM   #480 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 101

Blah

Yep, trying to work out the link book disconnection. The chainsaw issue in the twilight is also a known and long standing issue, the link book one is new.