At long last, we are able to update the Frontier server to Minecraft version 1.4.7.
So, what will this mean? Well, there are plenty of new things to delight and surprise you.
- Portals work for any entity, including mobs and minecarts. You can no longer walk through a portal without activating it.
- For breeding, use seeds for chickens and carrots for pigs
- Pigs can be controlled when ridden.
- Added beacons
- Added anvils to repair tools, apply enchantments from enchanted books or other tools and name items
- Leather armour can be coloured.
- Add the Wither as a boss mob (Note the rule about where you can create and fight a Wither - a separate thread will elaborate)
- Add the witch and witch's hut, wither skeletons
- Mobs now occasionally spawn wearing armour which may be dropped on death
- Villagers form opinions of players based on their interactions
- Zombies can infect villagers but players can cure them
- Added flowerpots, cobblestone walls, picture frames, mob heads
- Added potatoes, carrots, pumpkin pie
- Changed what XP is earned from a little
- Fireworks added
and more. See Version history - Minecraft Wiki
for more details.
So you can now do much more if you want to face the challenge and return to the basics of what is almost vanilla Minecraft. The borders will be increased to give players more space to explore and build, find new vegetables and villagers, and generate witches' huts.
But beware of what may come through your portals. Not only can you no longer just run through them (as they activate on contact) but who knows what may come visiting from the other side! You might want to rearrange things before the update.
Thank you for your patience,