Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th February 2013, 11:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fox
Clown Administrator
Be Afraid of the Clown
All Knowing - Post: 18207

Breezy
Default Frontier: two questions

I'm thinking of 'farming' infected zombies and turning them into villagers. On some servers, a high number of villagers in one place will trigger the automatic creation of houses and village structures. Would this happen in frontier?

Additionally, I need to borrow a brewing stand whilst I try to craft my own. May I borrow (as in use - not take) one? If you have one, please let me know where to find it. Thanks.

Old 9th February 2013, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
I'm thinking of 'farming' infected zombies and turning them into villagers. On some servers, a high number of villagers in one place will trigger the automatic creation of houses and village structures. Would this happen in frontier?
No, the presence of villagers won't trigger the generation of villages. Villages are only added to the world when new chunks are created.

The existing server rules prevent villagers being kidnapped from such villages, but at the moment I see no harm in letting players "cure" any infected villagers that randomly are generated. I don't know what would happened afterwards. If there are nearby buildings, they may regard them as a "village". Once there are two or more villagers in an area, they may start breeding and try to fill the "village". This would be your responsibility to make sure they don't overbreed. It is also your responsibility to make sure they don't get in the road/invade any neighbour's structures.

Think of it like having a villager farm.

Quote:
Additionally, I need to borrow a brewing stand whilst I try to craft my own. May I borrow (as in use - not take) one? If you have one, please let me know where to find it. Thanks.
I believe I put one in the Wild West in Dr Tam's clinic in the Piedra Roja village. There also may be one in the spawn building.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2013, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fox
Clown Administrator
Be Afraid of the Clown
All Knowing - Post: 18207

Breezy

Good points to remember - thx.

Next question, the tectonicus map didnt update last week due to the upgrade. I dont think it updated this week either. Is this easy to check on to make sure it is scheduled? Thx.
Old 10th February 2013, 10:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Next question, the tectonicus map didnt update last week due to the upgrade. I dont think it updated this week either. Is this easy to check on to make sure it is scheduled? Thx.
Hmmm. I will look into this. I think Tectonicus might need to be updated.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote