Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th February 2013, 07:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
In Memory
Ace - Post: 8612 TOG Legend

Relaxed

my underwater world was water to start I'm slowly building it all in, I use dirt to fill the glass areas and take the water out Daz helps me with that side of things feel free to come visit if you haven't already

Thank you Chiack

Carm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20th February 2013, 04:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1666

Happy

I have a few underwater domes on frontier. I used the fence post method with jackolanterns for light. Started in one corner set 2 posts on top of each other. Lay out some of the base wall with a small entrance. Go around the building laying a couple fence posts again every so often. 4-6 is what I usually use.

Once have a nice frame/dome/etc, enter where we left a doorway. Fill the inside with sand over dirt. Use torches to speed remove the sand. It can still be pretty slow to remove the water inside sometimes, but seems a good method.

On frontier I have 3 underwater domes in the ocean for animals, my cattle dome works pretty well for me