The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Minecraft (Public Forum) (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/)
-   -   Secret Hiding Places (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/480542-secret-hiding-places.html)

Akira Doe 18th February 2013 12:18 PM

Secret Hiding Places

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deweyoxberg (Post 3775618)
Further to Daed's post: misdirection.

I don't feel the need to hide anything on any of the TOG servers, that said I LOVE TO HIDE STUFF so I thought I'd reveal the techniquies I've used on Frontier to give people ideas if this sort of thing turns out to be the best method to secure things on the Mindcrack server.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I think I've given away too much of where my hidden WWW area is (first part of the video).

Sorontar 18th February 2013 12:31 PM

Wow, that is a lot of effort and wonderful redstone mechanics. Well done, and thank you sharing it.

Sorontar

Obsi 18th February 2013 12:42 PM

That is very cool!

DarkDuck 18th February 2013 01:24 PM

awesome mate

xenoph 18th February 2013 07:47 PM

That is really impressive!

TAZZROK 18th February 2013 07:59 PM

hmmm might have to load up the TNT again see how big a boom I can get next time you enter :twisted:

DaedalusAlpha 18th February 2013 08:14 PM

Paranoid much? :D

Akira Doe 18th February 2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaedalusAlpha (Post 3776206)
Paranoid much? :D

To be honest at first I was. I was new to TOG MC and the last servers I'd played on there were so many xray hacks that no matter how hidden things were anything important would always get pinched.

It got to the point that I'd hide things with xray in mind. I figured that if I went to bedrock, made some hidden areas then covered it with Lava it wouldn't get found. My thinking was, even if you were hacking, you'd need to know where Lava is so I might be able to hide things under lava. Didn't work...

After having such a great experience in the Battlefield/Bad Company 2 and TF2 divisions in TOG and seeing one of the MC articles I came here. I didn't even know or think about checking for an MC division until I saw the article.

Best MC experience ever.

I came on board with the wrong mindset from the old so yeah, lots of hidden entrances etc :)

Anyone is welcome to go exploring thought any of my builds on Frontier, and Mindcrack when it comes back online for that matter.

Espesh 18th February 2013 10:00 PM

Great vid!
Akira was a loot-hiding nemesis in the Wild West start up days!
When we were allowing foreign items into the area, he built (and later destroyed) one of the best hideouts out there!
Took me days to find the entrance to his system of lookouts, caves and farms and he operated just outside of the safe-zone gates..
Tazz also had some genius secret spots with hidden piston doors activated using a hoe on a regular dirt block to turn it to farmland and saying open sesame, even a nifty little trick with a storage cart squeezed into a cobble block, right-click the block and you had access to the cart.
Many secrets in the Wild West area, I'm sure some still undiscovered!

Hell Scream 18th February 2013 10:07 PM

Akira, that is amazing!