Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th March 2013, 03:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2904

Grumpy

I won't be there, because I'll be sleeping, but I do have a thought to contribute.
In the future, it might save the admin team some headaches if, when picking a mod pack, we just use the pack as it comes. I think having to fuss around with untested mod combinations might be more work than it's worth.
Opinions on that may vary, but that's mine.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29th March 2013, 03:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4012

Cheeky

Quote:
good thing Obsi is taking mins
Currently accepting bribes to alter the minutes to make it more exciting

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 05:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
Fox
Clown Administrator
Be Afraid of the Clown
All Knowing - Post: 18205

Breezy

Perhaps draw little stickmen in the corner of the page ...

TOG Sponsor $5 a month
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 07:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 631

Tired

I won't be able to make it.

Have fun, no pressure...
Old 29th March 2013, 09:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9184

Thanks to all that came to the discussion and those that contributed (including a sick Henri). Many things were discussed, including discussing the existing servers, future servers and how the Admin team communicates with the Division. We have a lot to take on board. There will be changes so hopefully things will seem clearer in the future. I will provide information on a few server related issues in other threads.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 09:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5118

Amused

Lol, my wife asked me in Google Talk if i was feeling better, but my cursor was in Mumble

A lot of great suggestions tonight in the way we communicate. Thanks all for coming.
Old 30th March 2013, 09:32 AM   #27 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5599 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

Cavalia was great, hope the chat went well.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 04:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 78

Tired

Where is the audio of the discussion posted?
Nuljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 05:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9184

Obsi has managed to compress the 2.5 hours to an mp3 of 67 Mb. It is at
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60108299/Mum...ting_29313.mp3

It got too difficult to summarise at the time. This may be done in the future, but no promises.

As I pointed out in my previous post, many things were discussed. Some parts were heated but most of it wasn't. Either way, all points will be considered in future decision-making by the Admin team. We realise that not everyone was there and the purpose of the meeting was to help inform the division and the Admin team about each other's concerns and suggestions, especially to do with the future of the servers and worlds.

This discussion will hopefully be the first of many. We are trying to improve the way in which the Admin team communicates with the Division. We are always open to suggestions sent in PMs or in forum posts.

The impression I got from the meeting is that some of the Division feel that this Division's admin team is not as verbose about decisions and investigations as in other Divisions. While this may be so, I remind the Division that TOG has the flexibility for the nature of its Divisions to be adaptable. They don't all have to be the same in their command structure or the way they or any of their servers are run. While we aim to keep you informed, not all of the adminstration decisions or processes need to be for public discussion beforehand.

Another point is that Minecraft can be a tricky game to run, especially with mods involved. We don't always know how much any change will affect players, regardless of how much testing we do. Neither Minecraft nor the Admin team is perfect. We will make mistakes. We will have to undo decisions. We will not always be available to fix problems. We will make changes to the way things are done. This is a voluntary team running a gaming social community in a non-professional environment.

Thank you,

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 30th March 2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: arguments -> points; will have to change -> make changes to
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 07:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 78

Tired

2.5 hours, yikes. I'll definitely make alternative dinner arrangements next time so i don't have to leave half way!

Btw props for exercising professionalism and humilty when the heat was on Sor.
Nuljones is offline   Reply With Quote