Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

View Poll Results: Which FTB variants would you prefer (can select multiple)?
Ultimate 16 69.57%
DireWolf20 6 26.09%
YogCraft 1 4.35%
MindCrack 14 60.87%
MagicWorld 2 8.70%
TechWorld 1 4.35%
Lite 1 4.35%
Retro 0 0%
Voxel 0 0%
VoxelBrony 0 0%
RPGImersion 1 4.35%
Ampz 2 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th March 2013, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9123

Default What would you want as a new FTB server?

With a new server host may come new possibilities. It is obvious that players would like to have something like a Feed The Beast server running. So far we have tried FTB Beta and FTB MindCrack, but there are many other possibilities. Each has its own pluses and minues in what it has and its longevity. As was explained at the discussion tonight (Event: Friday 29th March, 7pm AEDT discussion), there are other admin considerations as well, but I would like to hear what you as players would want in a FTB server.

The poll will give us an idea of your preferences, but please explain your choices. FTB is so large that we find it impossible to understand what each player likes about it.

Also, would you like any other Forge mods to go with it. For now, presume that we will just use a bare bones FTB modpack, but if you think that any other mods would vastly improve and/or enhance the game, please tell us.

Finally, also say whether you would want to start a new world, return to the existing Mindcrack world or have a new world with the spawn city added.

So:

Why I like that FTB variation

Another mod to consider

New or old world

We are not expecting a majority decision here, just guidance for future decision making.

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 29th March 2013 at 10:57 PM.
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29th March 2013, 11:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 318

Lurking

I would prefer the same world to come up. Invested time makes me cringe at the thought of starting over.

BUT...If we were to start over, I wouldn't mind going up to Ultimate. It is very similar to Mindcrack with a few extra additions.
marvelmanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 11:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2961

Yeehaw

I like the look of the Ultimate pack - seems like a good mix of mods.

Keeping the old world? Not sure - I have been putting in a lot of time, but a clean slate is also appealing. Probably happy to go either way.

EDIT: After sleeping on it, I'm going to say new world. I can live with losing the good stuff I had, since the mistakes go too. I have a much better idea what to do now. I think from a support side of things that sounds like it would make life easier for the new server too.

"Shoot straight, you bastards! Don't make a mess of it!"
- Harry 'Breaker' Harbord Morant, Lt, Bushveldt Carbineers

i7 920/ASUS P6T Deluxe V2/6 x 2GB DDR3 16000 7-7-7-24/Sapphire HD4890 Vapor-X/2 x WD 320Gb SATA (Raid 0)/Cooler Master Silent Pro M 850W PSU

Last edited by gasman; 30th March 2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: More thought
gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 12:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 566

Amused

I think either Mindcrack (which I enjoy for its variety and complexity) - though I focus on more the industrial side of it and green energy - or maybe Ampz with the common power theme (I may try this out on my home server) if we are looking for something that is lighter on the server than Mindcrack, but still with an industry/science bent. Ideally I would like a pack with Traincraft in it (but if not I'll get over it ).

I have not seen any additional mods that I care about particularly - while some of Mo Creatures is good I am not overly bothered about it in general.

New or old world is fine by me. I have a lot of stuff, but if it goes then it goes. Maybe on a new world I will actually mine some iridium ore rather than making it from uu-matter or platinum dust!!
Old 30th March 2013, 02:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1666

Happy

I threw the ringer vote in there for Magic World. I like it as it still is closer to the game of Minecraft without being too left field. It still has pipes and the forestry based machines, but doesn't go crazy with all the extra stuff which to me really takes away from the actual game.

Mindcrack I might play if we host it, but I don't think I'd log on to an ultimate pack server at all.

I would say no to Mo's purely because it has issues with alternate worlds. On our current mindcrack server the Myst worlds and Twilight world was almost completely devoid of reg monsters due to Mo's. Which to me really takes away from using the extra dimensions.
Old 30th March 2013, 02:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 780

Mellow

Though I liked my panda (=^.^= Obsi), Mo's was overload.

I could see it on a vanilla server, though.

Whatever mods/pack comes in the future, can we please keep Blutricity/RedPower; that stuff is just... I can't even... drool....

Xycraft... I might be convinced, but the textures need some serious love before I can remotely support it. I did like the look of some of the blocks.

Linkbooks was nice.

Also, sometime ago I played on a server (Tek) where the hosts created "resource" dimensions. In short, this was the only place quarries et al were allowed; the "main" world was reserved strictly for construction.

It was nice as it could be disabled (but not deleted) as a whole, and could be reset/regenerated on a frequent basis, Mod was something like multidimension or some jazz.
Deweyoxberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 09:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Final Fantasy XIV
Lethal - Post: 5548 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

I love the idea of ARs Magica

Ars Magica
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 10:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Cartographer
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 463

I vote for Mindcrack or Ultimate. I love so many things about this modpack. Buildcraft, computercraft, redpower, industrialcraft(Love my Construction foam!), twilight forest., extra biomes, all those bees to learn, so many reasons to play and im even sure i missed some. Oh It doesnt come in standard mindcrack but in ultimate it does and i love it, mystcraft, i love the portals.

Also i would like it to not have Mo Creatures, as mentioned it does cause other worlds to be devoid of life and for causing massive issues due to being a improperly coded mod(according to all the forums).
Aveege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 10:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5113

Amused

Maybe also a later poll of Easy or Difficult Gretech recipes. The difficult recipes were frustrating.
Old 30th March 2013, 01:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 278

Bored

I voted for Ultimate, Direwolf and mindcrack.
Ultimate as it includes everything.
Direwolf as it doesn't have gregtech
Mindcrack cause I like it.

I wouldn't mind greg tech if it increase in difficulty. EG. the first quarry you build is normal then each one after that gets harder and harder till it gets to the difficult stage. That way it increases in complexity as you play.

Emeraldknight is offline   Reply With Quote