Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th April 2013, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9213

Default Passing the DC helm on

Hi everyone,

At the end of this month, I will be stepping down as DC. After many discussions with my Admin team, especially Obsi and Henri, I think now is the appropriate time to pass the DC helm onto someone new.

The two plus years I have been involved in administrating this division as either a sysadmin, Vice Captain or Captain have been great. There have been many stressful moments but there have also be many great ones. I have fond memories of the TOGlympics and the creation of Piedra Roja on Frontier. I remember the excitement of everyone in Jan 2011 when we started the first Survival server on a small sand island with skeletons attacking from one beach and zombies approaching from behind.

The Division has gone through many changes. The constant developments of Minecraft and unofficial mods are continually forcing the Division to make decisions. The arrival of the FTB was a big change that the traditional structure of the Division could not accommodate adequately. Hopefully now, with the new looser structure pretty much set up, any new DC will be able to better mold the Division. After all, the official Minecraft API is on the horizon and I am sure there will be many other challenges in the future.

Thank you to all my Admin team who have helped guide me when I had to make the hard choices. Thank you for the time you spent helping run the servers, whether moderating or working the software behind the scenes. I could have not DCed without you.

So as I prepare to lay the DC helm down for another to wear, I must also thank you, the players, for showing me the many wonderful ways that Minecraft can be enjoyed. Your works, be they creative or technical, have always impressed me. Keep on recording your projects in the Miners' Gallery and let others know what great people we have in this Division and in TOG.

Thank you all,

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 25th April 2013 at 03:39 PM.
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25th April 2013, 07:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2760

Innocent

Nothing but respect for the work you have done, and the selflessness displayed whilst doing it.

Too often I would see you working in and for the game and not playing -a sometimes thankless job well done.

No more to say except - thanks.
Old 25th April 2013, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2240

Relaxed

Well done for all your efforts over the past couple of years, it was appreciated, TOG Olympics was great fun, thank you for putting your hand up to do it in the first place.

cheers

DeeP

Last edited by DeeP; 25th April 2013 at 10:23 PM. Reason: comma
DeeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2013, 11:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 566

Amused

Thanks for all the hard work Sor. Now you might actually get to play the game!
Old 26th April 2013, 04:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Cartographer
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 468

Thanx for all your hard work Sor, i will hold the memory of the TOG Olympics in my mind for a long time. Was great fun!
Aveege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2013, 03:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 396

Thanks for all the work you've put in and the organising you've done over the last couple of years Sor.
I had some great times at events and in general thanks to your efforts in running the show.
Sad to see you step down but I hope you can still drop by when you have the time and get some more game hours in!

Cheers,

Espesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2013, 04:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 885

Mellow

Gracias Soro ; I can't even begin to start listing the reasons why. I'd need a whole database to myself...
Deweyoxberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2013, 11:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9213

Thanks folks. Hopefully whoever takes over will have great ideas on how to make the Division go further.

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2013, 11:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1194

Devilish

Thanks for your the time and effort you put into the division.
D3lthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2013, 05:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
In Memory
Ace - Post: 8622 TOG Legend

Relaxed

thanks heaps for all you have done Sor
you have done a fab job whilst I haven't been a member of this div for long I have been with TOG for a while now and seen your hard work about the place
All the best for future ventures and catch ya about TOG and the division
Thanks heaps for all your time and efforts mate

Thank you Chiack

Carm is offline   Reply With Quote