Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th May 2013, 01:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Elite - Post: 2855

Grumpy
Exclamation Status update: Please Read

Hi, folks.
I've been digesting the contents of past admin discussions and thinking about where we go from here. Here's some plans for the immediate future.

I am transferring Frontier to a new host. This will be an experiment to see how people's connectivity and play experience is. I've picked something fairly inexpensive, and once we ascertain that the hosting meets our needs, we'll have to discuss how it gets funded going forward. I've already been contacted privately with offers to help out on that front, so I'm confident that it won't be a problem. I'll post the server details in the coming week once I'm satisfied that it's up and stable.

I've also been giving some thought to vanilla creative. Usage of our creative worlds in the past has always been in fits and starts, with a lot of activity at the outset, and then tapering off rapidly. I have some ideas about how to provide a creative world if people are interested, but I'll have to do some testing.
That being said, I'd like to hear from everyone about whether there is interest in a creative world. If so, should we resurrect Sanctuary, or should we start anew? If we start a new creative world, I could provide a download of the Sanctuary world file to anyone interested.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13th May 2013, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 636

Cold

I know I would play in a creative world with a couple of other toggies if one is started up for tog. New map or old map it does not matter to us.
Old 14th May 2013, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 42

Fine
Default Creative World

I agree with Fate. Thanks for the effort Irimar
Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
In Memory
Ace - Post: 8612 TOG Legend

Relaxed

all sounds good Irimar I would use creative if there was one, new or the old doesn't really matter to me although Daz n I had a pretty cool place but would be just happy to have the choice to play on a creative server.... I didn't use it all the time but did love to log in when I just felt like a cruisey game of MC without getting killed all the time
great job

Thank you Chiack

Carm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 10:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2541

Only a relative MCn00b, but I'd use a creative server.
And being relatively slow to jump on the MC bandwagon, I'd be interested in exploring Sanctuary, from the screenies I've seen.

Last edited by Cadder; 19th May 2013 at 10:47 PM.
Cadder is offline   Reply With Quote