Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28th May 2013, 04:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Division Captain
Survivalist Games (Destiny PS4 Leader)
Dangerous - Post: 823 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Amused

Yeah something strange happened up in the Penthouse apartment suites in my Hotel, the pool somehow sprung a leak so there is some major water damage up there, could have been due to a creeper being hired as a plumber while I away or something else.

I've patched the leak with dirt for now but I don't have enough resources to fix the rest of the damage, quiet a bit of wood and glass is missing, also the floor below was donated to Duck and it seems to have suffered the worst and I'm not sure how it was before so I can't fix it.
AdmiralTriggerH is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 25th June 2013, 08:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1392

Mellow

Hi guys,

Does anyone actually play on frontier? I jumped on now that its 1.5 and don't have to worry about old versions, but just like the first time, to me it just felt like an over built but deserted server.

I would like to find a small, but active vanilla community.

P.S. was a bit laggy even though I was the only one on, not sure if that's normal?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Brootal666

Last edited by Brootal; 25th June 2013 at 08:47 AM.
Brootal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 04:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2240

Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brootal View Post
I would like to find a small, but active vanilla community.

P.S. was a bit laggy even though I was the only one on, not sure if that's normal?
Hey Brootal,

I don't generally have any lag in that server, might have just been a bad connection, the vanilla only part of the community is not very active on a daily basis but seems to go in spurts when they are, however you do have more options ...

You could always try what others have done in joining the FTB server and playing vanilla style, the mods are there in FTB but that does not mean you have to use them and we could always set you up with a compressor in your home with a power source (the only process you would need a machine for as you can no longer craft things like diamond blocks)

A couple of people have managed playing vanilla style in the FTB server very successfully

On the other hand a couple of others who started out wanting to only do vanilla have been so impressed with the FTB creations they saw that they dabbled in a couple of things and were immediately hooked and haven't looked back since

either way we are an active community in the two FTB servers that are available and would love you to come and take a look and see if you like what you see

details for servers

Last edited by DeeP; 25th June 2013 at 04:25 PM.
DeeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 09:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1392

Mellow

Coil, I'm planning to set up a LAN FTB server to give it a burl in the next week or so.

I've a rough idea what FTB has to offer, and most of it holds little interest for me, but there are a couple of mods that might be cool

http://www.youtube.com/user/Brootal666
Brootal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2013, 05:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 319

Frontier is running great. It is just a bit lonely. Knock on wood, but if you decide to put Frontier to rest, please give an advance warning so that we can download the world with the world downloader before it's mothballed into a downloadable file. I would just like to have a backup of the stuff in-case something goes horribly wrong. I'd hate to see Frontier go, but I am not sure if anyone has been playing on it.

www.anderchunking.com
segreto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2013, 08:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2240

Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by segreto View Post
if you decide to put Frontier to rest, please give an advance warning so that we can download the world with the world downloader
it will be up for at least a year server funds wise (already paid for), I was in there a little while back and there were 3 playing so I think it is used just not all the time
Old 30th June 2013, 10:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2948

Grumpy

Frontier is used, though lightly. I've been thinking; is anyone opposed to a plugin being added to Frontier so it can access an IRC server? We could hook Serenity, Frontier, and any of the allied server that has a mind to together in one chat system. This should make less heavily populated servers feel less lonely.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2013, 11:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5704 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

to be honest that would be fantastic, the tricky part that exists with many server flavours is the split system, and not all of us enjoy TS or have lives that can work well with TS.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2013, 12:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeP View Post
it will be up for at least a year server funds wise (already paid for), I was in there a little while back and there were 3 playing so I think it is used just not all the time
Good to know. Thanks. I started finishing some projects I let go during finals last year. I'd like to see them complete.

I think I can do that in a year or maybe 11 months. I am just now itching to make a Battlestar Galactica Minecraft model.

www.anderchunking.com
segreto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2013, 12:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1250

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irimar View Post
Frontier is used, though lightly. I've been thinking; is anyone opposed to a plugin being added to Frontier so it can access an IRC server? We could hook Serenity, Frontier, and any of the allied server that has a mind to together in one chat system. This should make less heavily populated servers feel less lonely.
Does that mean you type into an irc client and the text appears in-game, or type in-game and the text appears in the irc client?
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote