Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th July 2013, 05:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Division Vice Captain
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 426

Brooding
Default be carefull of Gregtech

I have been trying to build a mod pack that would include some of the mods I like but I was getting constant crashes. A little research led to this:

'Just a warning the latest Gregtech includes code to crash your game if you have Tinkers Construct installed. The fight is over Greg nerfing the amount of wood planks you get from wood and Mdiyo reversing his nerf to rebalance his mod.'

According to Greg's posts he found a great way to make other mod creators leave his mod alone - if you change any of his recipes his mod will crash the game because his mod/balance is more important. He has also stated that he doesn't care if his mod is no longer distributed by FTB as the people who play FTB are not who he writes the Mod for.

All Greg Tech Discussions Go Here | Feed the Beast

I've been listening to Slowpoke, Jaded, Mdiyo, Marathi and Ward discusing it on a twitch chat. My personal feeling are he is going the same way as Flowerchild and eventually will have to be a stand alone mod.

Gedarn
aka Scataboens

Last edited by Gedarn; 19th July 2013 at 08:20 PM.
Gedarn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19th July 2013, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1381

Mellow

Not that I use any mods, but with a hypocritical attitude like that his mod can go rot wherever it is bad mods go when they die

http://www.youtube.com/user/Brootal666
Brootal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Elite - Post: 2872

Grumpy

Ooooh! Which stream are they on? I have popcorn!
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 566

Amused

Well, tbh, if he is going to be a complete idiot then his mod has become useless. Personally I would have no problem with not using it when we move our FTB forward.
Old 19th July 2013, 03:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Elite - Post: 2872

Grumpy

I'm not a big GregTech fan, but some people like it. On the other hand, some people really think it's a bit much. We'll have to see what the packs look like when the update finally comes. I do know that 'Ultimate' will not be the same as it is now, but they haven't finished rounding up mods yet.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 566

Amused

I used to have no issue with the mod, but anyone who introduces code to deliberately crash a system should not be supported in any way, in my opinion.
Old 19th July 2013, 10:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Division Vice Captain
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 426

Brooding

Just so everyone can see Greg boasting about crashing games here are some links to his posts in his forum. I personally thought gregtech was a good addon at the start but the more he changed other mods the less i like it.
[Addon][ICē 1.106 - 1.116] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity! - Page 820 - Addons - ICē Forum
forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=120472&highlight=#pos t120472
[Addon][ICē 1.106 - 1.116] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity! - Page 821 - Addons - ICē Forum
[Addon][ICē 1.106 - 1.116] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity! - Page 828 - Addons - ICē Forum
forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=120629&highlight=#pos t120629
[Addon][ICē 1.106 - 1.116] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity! - Page 830 - Addons - ICē Forum
[Addon][ICē 1.106 - 1.116] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity! - Page 832 - Addons - ICē Forum
[Addon][ICē 1.106 - 1.116] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity! - Page 833 - Addons - ICē Forum
[Addon][ICē 1.106 - 1.116] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity! - Page 832 - Addons - ICē Forum
[Addon][ICē 1.106 - 1.116] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity! - Page 834 - Addons - ICē Forum
Gedarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2013, 04:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

Since I'm pretty time limited on the server, and I'm always pretty far behind on the machinery, I certainly wouldn't mind losing GregTech. I do like some of his advanced machines, but some of the changes make it hard to get off the ground.

-Brew
Old 21st July 2013, 12:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 815

Mellow

What an asshole. Time to get rid of Gregtech.
Deweyoxberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 05:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 318

Lurking

I liked the complexity of gregtech but if his attitude is about doing what he wants and not the players. Screw him, hope his mod falls into eternal uselessness.
marvelmanic is offline   Reply With Quote