Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st July 2013, 01:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Elite - Post: 2872

Grumpy
Default 1.5.2 FTB packs

The FTB packs for 1.5.2 have been announced but not released yet.

Slowpoke made the announcement at New Mod Packs | Feed the Beast
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22nd July 2013, 04:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 566

Amused

I assume we are waiting for 1.6 before moving forward with discussions on what we do next?
Old 22nd July 2013, 11:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft

Grumpy

Well, actually, I think that's something we probably need to discuss. There's no timeline for the 1.6 FTB release. In fact, Slowpoke had originally said that there would be no official 1.5 release, but apparently 1.6 is so far off he changed his mind.
Old 22nd July 2013, 01:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 566

Amused

Hmm, interesting then yes, I think we should discuss. We obviously have some decisions to make as regards moving forward with an FTB pack especially around Gregtech. Is 1.5.2 supposed to be more stable?
Old 22nd July 2013, 01:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft

Grumpy

I've been playing the beta versions, but single player only. I'm mostly of the mind that it's good practice to wait a week or two, given how past FTB releases have shaken out.
That being said, you're talking to someone who's building a mod pack around a mod clearly labeled 'alpha'.
Old 21st August 2013, 04:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

Ack. I just started looking more closely at the new 1.5 packs, and it looks like RedPower 2 is out. Apparently the Mod creator hasn't updated or even committed to update the pack for 1.5, and it just doesn't work. That is one of my favorite packs what with the redstone wire, lamps, and microblocks, not to mention the marble and basalt/volcanoes.

Power Converters is in the "Unleashed" pack but disabled by default, according to that list. I wonder if that is because it made conversion too easy? I liked it.

Ah well. It looks like a lot of my recent learning about redstone wire may be for naught for future servers.
Old 21st August 2013, 04:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft

Grumpy

RedPower 2 is indeed not there. And there is no indication when, or if, it will be back.
PowerConverters is generally considered a little over the top, but I'm not sure it's that disruptive, personally.
Old 21st August 2013, 11:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 258

The author of Redpower2 communicates very little with the community. If you are looking for a redwire replacement. Minefactory's rednet system is very nice, I personally found I could make some builds more compact using this over redpower bundled cable.
It can also be used with computercraft in the same way bundled cable was used.

The 1.5.2 version of railcraft has Quarried stone, and abyssal stone as a replacement for marble/basalt.

Last edited by any1seenjoe; 21st August 2013 at 11:22 AM.
any1seenjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 09:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1381

Mellow

Ok, with all this talk of resetting the TOG server, I decided to try FTB again...

and failed

Can't get their launcher working, complains of an IO exception saying the minecraft servers are down.

I know they're not, I can log into vanilla fine, but the big bad internet all the queries on this say it's Mojang's problem, which is obviously not the case. Anyone got any suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Brootal666
Brootal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 09:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 258

are you able to download the packs ok?
If you are importing from the FTB launcher into a multimc instance might work
any1seenjoe is offline   Reply With Quote