Old 26th August 2013, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1055

Default New to Minecraft

I always wanted to play it but was hesitant to give out my credit card to someplay I wasn't sure of - now the game can be purchased at the local store. I have been playing the single player version, but I wanted to try the multiplayer version with TOGGERS.

I filled out my information to be placed on the whitelist. The thing is, I don't know how to set up multiplayer.

Julie

Old 26th August 2013, 02:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2920

Grumpy

You'll want to click the Multiplayer button in the menu and then get an address for one of the servers in Our Worlds - servers, maps, claims, downloads
Click "Add server" and enter the server address in the "Server Address" box. You can name it whatever you like. Then click "Done".
Frontier (our server running plain, vanilla Minecraft) is still on version 1.5.2, so make sure you've got an instance of that set up in you launcher. In the launcher, click on "New Profile" and, in the profile settings, select "release 1.5.2" in the "Use version" box.

If you're feeling more adventurous and want to try one of the other servers, you'll need to download the Feed the Beast launcher from feed-the-beast.com. It contains several mod packs used on the other available servers. These are heavily modified and a quite different game experience from vanilla Minecraft.

If you are inclined to use TeamSpeak, our TS users generally hang out on the TOG Public TS server. You are certainly by no means required to join TS to play Minecraft with the division, though.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you I am on Frontier for the first time. A bit different than what I expected. Thanks for the help.
Old 26th August 2013, 10:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Grumpy

Frontier is a bit thinly populated at the moment. Multiplayer server installs generally use a modified version of Minecraft on the server for adding administrative plugins, and the modified version for that for 1.6 isn't ready yet. When it is, we will most likely be resetting the world on Frontier, and then you'll see a lot more people around regularly.
Old 26th August 2013, 11:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irimar View Post
Frontier is a bit thinly populated at the moment. Multiplayer server installs generally use a modified version of Minecraft on the server for adding administrative plugins, and the modified version for that for 1.6 isn't ready yet. When it is, we will most likely be resetting the world on Frontier, and then you'll see a lot more people around regularly.
So I found an unpopulated forest (not easy to do). I built my wall and placed my bed. The first time when I died I respawned near the bed. After that I didn't. The game says I don't have permission to teleport to my bed. So...is there a way to teleport back to my bed? Or should I start over somewhere because I wasn't far along.

Lost my way back home -normally I just build near the world spawn point but that isn't possible this time.
Old 27th August 2013, 12:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Grumpy

That's odd. You should be able to go to your bed. I'll take a look at what's going on there right now.
Old 27th August 2013, 01:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Grumpy

OK, you should be able to tp to your bed now. The permissions management system seems to be... fussy.
Old 27th August 2013, 01:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irimar View Post
OK, you should be able to tp to your bed now. The permissions management system seems to be... fussy.
Thanks much

Julie
Old 27th August 2013, 01:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Grumpy

If you have any other problems, post or PM me. I'm generally able to poke at things in fits and starts during week days.
Old 27th August 2013, 02:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Grumpy

I finally tracked down the actual problem with your tp permissions. All fixed now.