Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd September 2013, 10:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1067

Default Serenity Server

I have been playing minecraft for over a week now and having lots of fun. I see that the serenity server will be up this coming weekend. So other than the name of the server and IP address what else will I need to log on? I am already on the white list for frontier.

Julie

Old 3rd September 2013, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Dangerous - Post: 520

Brooding

The serenity server will require downloading of the FTB launcher from Home | Feed the Beast :: Minecraft Modpacks - Texture pack - Maps and will be using the DireWolf20 1.5 v2 Mod Pack.
After you have added your minecraft profile into the launcher and launched the pack all the necessary mods will be downloaded.
Once the game has downloaded and run for the first time quit back to the launcher.
One of the buttons towards the top is a 'Edit mod pack" button clicking this will bring up a window where the mod Biomes-O-plenty will need to be enabled.

Once this is done you will be ready for Serenity once Irimar has changed the server over on his Friday night which will be 8-10am Saturday for those in East Australia.
We will be using the same IP as listed in the Our Worlds - servers, maps, claims, downloads thread which will be updated to reflect the new mod pack towards the end of the week.

Gedarn
aka Scataboens (Minecraft)
aka Angrah (Mechwarrior)
Gedarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 10:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks much for the help. A new map seems exciting. By the way, I see this server uses "claims" - can someone explain "claims" please?

Julie

Last edited by Sister Julie; 3rd September 2013 at 10:49 PM.
Sister Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 08:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5160

Amused

First you explore and find the perfect place to live. Mark it with torches every twenty blocks or so, and a sign with your name. Check that you are not crowding another player. If in doubt, post a pic of your land on the forum.
HenriDeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 08:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5773 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

to put it briefly, a claim is an area of land you mark out, typically with torches to say "this is where I want to build"

We do this as some of us literally build only under ground etc so it prevents people accidentally building ontop of each other.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 12:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

Speaking of which, I'm going to spend a few days to a week to find the site that I want once the server opens.

My plan is to do exactly what I did on the current Serenity, since I didn't get to finish it.

I will be on the lookout for a nice deep surface ravine with 2-3 ledges down around it. If anyone happens to see a good candidate and you don't plan on building in the area yourself, I'd certainly appreciate a coordinates so that I can check it out.

Thanks,
Brew
Old 4th September 2013, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedarn View Post
The serenity server will require downloading of the FTB launcher from Home | Feed the Beast :: Minecraft Modpacks - Texture pack - Maps and will be using the DireWolf20 1.5 v2 Mod Pack.
After you have added your minecraft profile into the launcher and launched the pack all the necessary mods will be downloaded.
Once the game has downloaded and run for the first time quit back to the launcher.
One of the buttons towards the top is a 'Edit mod pack" button clicking this will bring up a window where the mod Biomes-O-plenty will need to be enabled.

Once this is done you will be ready for Serenity once Irimar has changed the server over on his Friday night which will be 8-10am Saturday for those in East Australia.
We will be using the same IP as listed in the Our Worlds - servers, maps, claims, downloads thread which will be updated to reflect the new mod pack towards the end of the week.

Gedarn
aka Scataboens (Minecraft)
aka Angrah (Mechwarrior)

Having done all of the above, the only problem I have is that it wants me to be running version 1.47. On the vanilla minecraft I can match the profile to the version of minecraft - here I can't find a way to do it. Also, I loaded "biomes-a-plenty" and took the rest out. However, it seems to be loading the additional mods anyway.

*edit* Also, when I try to go out to Serenity now, it asks me to have "FML" installed (which appears to be something called "Forge Mod Loader") - what is that and will I need it?

Thanks for the help.

Julie

Last edited by Sister Julie; 4th September 2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 4th September 2013, 05:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Dangerous - Post: 520

Brooding

Hi Julie currently the serenity server is running and older pack called Ultimate but after Sat morning it will be the Direwolf pack with a new map.
Gedarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 10:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedarn View Post
Hi Julie currently the serenity server is running and older pack called Ultimate but after Sat morning it will be the Direwolf pack with a new map.
The biggest problem is that when I use the Feed The Beast launcher and try to go to Serenity it tells me I need to be using minecraft version 1.47, but I can't find a way on the ftb launcher to set that.

So what is the "FML" it asks for when I try to go to it now? How do I set the version of minecraft that I use in FTB? For example, in vanilla minecraft I can set a profile to match a version of minecraft.

*edit* sorry for all the questions...

So it seems on the launcher that the "mod pack" you select in the left window on the ftb launcher uses a different version of minecraft? When I tried to enter Serenity it looked for a mod called "APunofficial" - will I need that on Friday as well?

Thank you for your patience with a neophyte player.

Last edited by Sister Julie; 4th September 2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 5th September 2013, 10:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2971

Grumpy

We are currently using FTB Ultimate, with the Additional Pipes mod added. You will not need this come this weekend.

We will be moving to the pack called "Direwolf20 1.5 v2".
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote