Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th September 2013, 08:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 309

Bored

I'm at 0, -1900 which ingame is due North of spawn. In the map it is right hand, top edge, middle of the edge. If the roll back goes back that far I will have a lot of work to redo....more circles

Emeraldknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26th September 2013, 03:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

Yep, that must be you, EK. Based on the map, which I believe was used for the salvaged save file, the border pillars that I finally managed to place a couple of days ago are still there. I'd guess that if you see it on the map, it is there. I probably have to re-run my quarry's first run and re-mine the area near it to find all that tin that I finally found......now if I can only remember which level down my staircase I started mining at.....Not too big of a deal as I learned a few things while quarrying and mining that I will do differently (I just hope that I still have my diamond efficiency-3 unbreaking-3 pickaxe). I will have to go back and farm the blazes for a while again though. Next time I use a throw away diamond sword rather than the enchanted bloodwood one....knockback is bad for blaze farming).

So, neighbor, how nice of a shop do you have? I think that mine just got reset back to zero.
Old 26th September 2013, 10:20 AM   #23 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 309

Bored

Ah Brew your the ravine guy.....I remember now. I used to use it for exploration, clay farming them one day after a few days absent I spawned there to be surrounded by torches. LOL

This time round I swore I would lay of my fully automatic workshop and sorting systems. So I have been concentrating on building. The top corner is my tree and food farms set up to run the minefactory reloaded biofuel gereration for MJ's, the next tower down holds a small ME server and ME storage overflow. The big 3x3 chunk square is my barrel storage centre and machine workshop (so far I have 3 x liquid transposers, an assembly table, a few powered furnances and a smeltry). The next set up is a large tower with 4 smaller towers arround it. That is were I am doing a museum. The big middle tower is going to have a floor deadicated to each mod (eg thermal expansion, IC2 ect). Each of the four towers has either food, animals, bushes (ore berry ect) or armoury/tools/weapons)
Underneath (these are all build at level 100(approx) up) I am covering it in glass and adding 1 of each tree into a large park area.

Your more than welcome to come visit if you see me on.

Emeraldknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 08:22 AM   #24 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Team Fortress 2
Deadly - Post: 2171

Fine

A snapshot of our new world would be nice... not to nag or anything
Old 2nd October 2013, 02:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Cartographer
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 469

Irimar has been working on getting dynamp running on our server but the original rendering is not done on it yet. Until then though just so everyone could see the world we living in i used my old ways and made a map of this world. Right now it is currently uploading to dropbox and should be ready within the next 20mins or so.

Edit: Map is uploaded and available.

Last edited by Aveege; 2nd October 2013 at 04:36 PM.
Aveege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 06:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5139

Amused

It really highlights what a great map this is. Plenty of islands for players to settle.
HenriDeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 08:33 AM   #27 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Competent - Post: 492

Brooding

Ahhh well i'm not on that map. the border is +/-3000 now
Star Citizen - Gedarn
Gedarn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 09:13 AM   #28 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8351 TOG Silver Level Supporter

If anyone needs oil it seems like there is a ton of it at the lower left corner at the map.

Also an FYI, I have more or less annexed the yellow-spotted island to the upper left (next to the rather nice looking factory building).
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 09:15 AM   #29 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2948

Grumpy

Watch as aveege does the thing I was about to ask him to do...
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 10:22 AM   #30 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

The map is +/- 3000? Hmmm.....I was running against the 2000 border when looking for my place in the first place....looks like I'll have to go back and explore more a bit. The real bummer is that one of the best candidate ravines that I found started right at 2000 so I had to abandon it. Too late for me to move, now, and I don't remember exactly where it was.

Daed, do you also own the rest of that island with the big cylinder thing on it? I've got a spot in the Redwood forest (not that the redwood's show up here) just to the north of that cylinder. And, just as on Frontier, my Nether portal hooked up to yours in the Nether. On Frontier, Akira fixed it. With Mystcraft, I don't really care to fix it.