The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Minecraft (Public Forum) (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/)
-   -   Frontier (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/511031-frontier.html)

Irimar 13th September 2013 12:42 AM

Frontier
 
A recommended build for Minecraft 1.6.2 has been released by the Bukkit team.

I will be testing our current roll of plugins with the new version over the next several days. I'll post more information when I have completed testing.

Irimar 13th September 2013 12:45 AM

Also of note, the server host has pushed the build and removed 1.5 from our options.

Since we don't reboot Frontier unless it's necessary for some reason, the server is still running 1.5.2, but a reboot will force us to change that.

I will test as quickly as I can.

Tribble 13th September 2013 10:10 AM

Thanks for your efforts Irimar. Frontier is an old friend and a refuge at times of need - eg want some quiet time, other server down etc.

HenriDeacon 13th September 2013 11:41 AM

Frontier with horses... cool

Irimar 13th September 2013 01:20 PM

So, the host rebooted our server, as well. So, Frontier is running 1.6.2. Everything seems to be working.

We'll want to do a world reset, soon.

Sorontar 13th September 2013 02:27 PM

I believe that a lot of Frontier still hasn't been explored from when I expanded the border earlier this year. There is lots of unmapped space to explore and build on. Given the huge generation changes coming in 1.7 with lots of new biomes etc, it might be best to wait till then for any vanilla world regeneration.

On another point, if Frontier has horses now, maybe the PvP Wild West Region can be refashioned with proper stables and new challenges/gameplay (but I suggest leaving the old "horses" for archival evidence - make them memorial statues).

Sorontar

Irimar 14th September 2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorontar (Post 3907926)
I believe that a lot of Frontier still hasn't been explored from when I expanded the border earlier this year. There is lots of unmapped space to explore and build on. Given the huge generation changes coming in 1.7 with lots of new biomes etc, it might be best to wait till then for any vanilla world regeneration.

This is a fair point, but I wonder how long we will have to wait for 1.7 and then Bukkit. As it stands, there are worldgen elements missing from Frontier that were added in 1.5. When it comes down to it, I'd like to hear from the people who log in to Frontier regularly about whether to do a world regen or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorontar (Post 3907926)
On another point, if Frontier has horses now, maybe the PvP Wild West Region can be refashioned with proper stables and new challenges/gameplay (but I suggest leaving the old "horses" for archival evidence - make them memorial statues).

Sorontar

I have considered this. I have also considered turning off PvP on Frontier and generating a small world with the PvP flag turned on similar to the way Sanctuary is hooked to Frontier. This would allow for inventories to be segregated between the PvP and non-PvP worlds. The current Wild West village could be moved to the new world without too much fuss.

HenriDeacon 14th September 2013 08:24 AM

I still use Frontier, but happy for a new short-term world between 1.6 and 1.7.

I also have a backup of Hunger Island, Hunger City and the wither cage for when we play hunger games next.

Fate 14th September 2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irimar (Post 3908284)
I have considered this. I have also considered turning off PvP on Frontier and generating a small world with the PvP flag turned on similar to the way Sanctuary is hooked to Frontier. This would allow for inventories to be segregated between the PvP and non-PvP worlds. The current Wild West village could be moved to the new world without too much fuss.

If the reason to not reset Frontier is based on keeping alive specific regions, then this sounds like a good idea. Then again I personally don't mind whatever happens. :cool:

HenriDeacon 15th September 2013 10:13 AM

A portal to a combat sport world for spleef / hunger games / wither cage / olympics / general pvp sounds like a good idea.


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 01:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0