Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th September 2013, 12:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Elite - Post: 2811

Grumpy
Default Frontier

A recommended build for Minecraft 1.6.2 has been released by the Bukkit team.

I will be testing our current roll of plugins with the new version over the next several days. I'll post more information when I have completed testing.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13th September 2013, 12:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft

Grumpy

Also of note, the server host has pushed the build and removed 1.5 from our options.

Since we don't reboot Frontier unless it's necessary for some reason, the server is still running 1.5.2, but a reboot will force us to change that.

I will test as quickly as I can.
Old 13th September 2013, 10:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 39

Fine

Thanks for your efforts Irimar. Frontier is an old friend and a refuge at times of need - eg want some quiet time, other server down etc.
Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 11:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5113

Amused

Frontier with horses... cool
HenriDeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 01:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft

Grumpy

So, the host rebooted our server, as well. So, Frontier is running 1.6.2. Everything seems to be working.

We'll want to do a world reset, soon.
Old 13th September 2013, 02:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9122

I believe that a lot of Frontier still hasn't been explored from when I expanded the border earlier this year. There is lots of unmapped space to explore and build on. Given the huge generation changes coming in 1.7 with lots of new biomes etc, it might be best to wait till then for any vanilla world regeneration.

On another point, if Frontier has horses now, maybe the PvP Wild West Region can be refashioned with proper stables and new challenges/gameplay (but I suggest leaving the old "horses" for archival evidence - make them memorial statues).

Sorontar

Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2013, 05:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft

Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
I believe that a lot of Frontier still hasn't been explored from when I expanded the border earlier this year. There is lots of unmapped space to explore and build on. Given the huge generation changes coming in 1.7 with lots of new biomes etc, it might be best to wait till then for any vanilla world regeneration.
This is a fair point, but I wonder how long we will have to wait for 1.7 and then Bukkit. As it stands, there are worldgen elements missing from Frontier that were added in 1.5. When it comes down to it, I'd like to hear from the people who log in to Frontier regularly about whether to do a world regen or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
On another point, if Frontier has horses now, maybe the PvP Wild West Region can be refashioned with proper stables and new challenges/gameplay (but I suggest leaving the old "horses" for archival evidence - make them memorial statues).

Sorontar
I have considered this. I have also considered turning off PvP on Frontier and generating a small world with the PvP flag turned on similar to the way Sanctuary is hooked to Frontier. This would allow for inventories to be segregated between the PvP and non-PvP worlds. The current Wild West village could be moved to the new world without too much fuss.
Old 14th September 2013, 08:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Amused

I still use Frontier, but happy for a new short-term world between 1.6 and 1.7.

I also have a backup of Hunger Island, Hunger City and the wither cage for when we play hunger games next.
Old 14th September 2013, 11:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 632

Sleepy
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irimar View Post
I have considered this. I have also considered turning off PvP on Frontier and generating a small world with the PvP flag turned on similar to the way Sanctuary is hooked to Frontier. This would allow for inventories to be segregated between the PvP and non-PvP worlds. The current Wild West village could be moved to the new world without too much fuss.
If the reason to not reset Frontier is based on keeping alive specific regions, then this sounds like a good idea. Then again I personally don't mind whatever happens.
Old 15th September 2013, 10:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Amused

A portal to a combat sport world for spleef / hunger games / wither cage / olympics / general pvp sounds like a good idea.