Old 19th September 2013, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1028

Default In the loop

Keeping the other players in the loop,

Last night as I was "decommissioning" part of the castle another player stuck their head in the door. It occurred to me that perhaps I should keep the other players "in the loop" about my plans.

I have expanded the fields of my farm overhead of the small castle in the sky. Those interested in visiting it when I am not around can climb the beanstalk in the upper tiers of the castle. I felt it was safe to expand the fields out over the ocean so that is what I am doing.

As for the "castle" underneath I have removed one layer and am about to remove another. At that point I am going to turn it into an arboretum - a collection of trees from around our virtual world with a big redwood in the center. As a result I have filled in parts of the other rooms inside.

Thats keeping you in the loop. If it didn't matter then ignore this.

If you wondered how big the farm is going to get - now you know.

The intent of the farm, by the way, is to fill up the "free food" chest in the community/spawn tree and keep it full.

Julie

Old 19th September 2013, 11:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5113

Amused

Free and food, my 2 fav words

Your tree display sounds like a great idea. I'll try to visit your home this weekend to say hello.
HenriDeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 11:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriDeacon View Post
Free and food, my 2 fav words

Your tree display sounds like a great idea. I'll try to visit your home this weekend to say hello.
I feel a bit silly with all the gardening and farming sometimes. Other players like Scata seem like "IBM computers and M1Abrams Tanks - DAY ONE" and I am all like "oh look at the pretty flowers"

Lately, however, I have tried to "embrace technology" as Daed suggested (well claimed I don't do).

So far my favorite tree is the silver tree.
Old 20th September 2013, 01:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Elder Scrolls Online
Elite - Post: 3482 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Relaxed

Don't let the IndustrialCraft2'ers and the Thermal Expansion'ists get the better of you!

I've spent quite a lot of time hunting down every possible crop, and finally got the elusive melons last night! I have yet to plant them tho as I ran out of glass for a third greenhouse, and then got sidetracked into building a self repairing excavator to clear 3x3 blocks of sand, which then reminded me I needed a bucket load more clay for brick roofing tiles which then sidetracked me into.....etc etc etc. This is not a game, its a way of life.

Farmers of the (virtual) world UNITE!
Rourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 02:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8301 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Thermal Expansionists... sounds like some sort of cult.
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 05:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Elite - Post: 2808

Grumpy

I'm so unfocused. I mean, sure I got my armor made. But now, I want to redesign my area. Hmm... I'll move my fields. You know, it sure would be easier to do that with a scythe.

hmm... Need more cobalt for that, time for a trip to the nether.

Wait, what was I doing tonight?
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 08:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1375

Mellow

Well so far I've mostly just been collecting pews, trees, bees. I've made a couple of the forestry machines to try to work out the bee stuff, but its taking me ages just to do simple stuff.

My plan is to lead a simple life of a conservationist or something like that. Only just got back on for the first time in two weeks due to work

http://www.youtube.com/user/Brootal666
Brootal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 12:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Final Fantasy XIV
Lethal - Post: 5548 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

WEll my place is going to be a castle with different "zones" hence different tree's, and yes Sakura (the pink leaved Tree's) will be lining my path to the door like cherry blossoms, it will be grand, if I focus enough to do it lol
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 08:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1434

Relaxed

Ah! That was probably me visiting, I was in need of a potato... Which I managed to score later on after "popping" my head into Usukies place for a sticky beak and begged some from him
I am keen to help build stuff for spawn if you ever want some help so just yell out. If you just need materials I am happy to scrounge too.

dancastles is offline   Reply With Quote