Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th November 2013, 02:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1439

Relaxed
Default I broke minecraft...

well i placed a recycler on the wrong side of my LV transformer and the explosion blew all of my textures to crap... logging didn't help and restarting the launcher from scratch also didn't help... weird.

Last edited by dancastles; 5th November 2013 at 02:09 AM.
dancastles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5th November 2013, 03:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8329 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Trippy

Have you tried restarting the whole computer? Maybe something flipped in the graphics card memory and in that case I speculate it might be preserved during reboots of the game.
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"

Last edited by DaedalusAlpha; 5th November 2013 at 03:18 AM.
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2013, 10:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Relaxed

Well whole computer restart also fixed nothing I get lots of red render issues in the server screen in the background something has become very corrupted. I will try a complete reinstall.

Old 5th November 2013, 11:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Relaxed

what folders or files should i try to retain from the old install in the hopes of not losing all my stuff?
I can't type in game or access chests as my gui is broken so all I have been able to do is place as much of the gear I have on me into shelves in my base. will this be enough?
once i reload the new minecraft I should be able to pickup that gear shouldn't I?
Is there some other method or file I should try to save to keep my player gear intact?
Help! you minecraft geniuses!

Old 6th November 2013, 12:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 566

Amused

If you have any bookmarks you will want to save them. Other than that I don't believe there is anything else client side that you have to worry about.

<Whatever your FTB dir is>\Direwolf20_1_5_2\minecraft\mods\VoxelMods\voxe lMap

There is a .points file in there you need to keep.
Old 6th November 2013, 12:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Relaxed

another update:
I completely re downloaded the direwolf modpack and re added biomes a plenty and...
my gui is still broken, very odd. it must be caused by the launcher side of things perhaps?

I started up vanilla MC and everything worked fine. any ideas? should i just delete everything and reinstall?

This is the sort of craziness going on in the background:

Last edited by dancastles; 6th November 2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 6th November 2013, 12:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Relaxed

Well I can create a new world in the direwolf modpack and it is fine, it is only when I log in to serenity that it all turns ugly... help.

Old 6th November 2013, 01:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8329 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Hm... Update Java perhaps? If you run on 64 bit Java it won't update itself so it does tend to fall behind. You could also look into updating your graphics drivers.

It's strange as in part it sounds like a general graphics problem, in part a problem with the minecraft client and in part a graphical error in a specific multiplayer map (which seems very strange to me).

Edit: You could also try moving far away from your base (like going to /spawn) to see if there is some sort of artifact around your place that produces the graphical glitches.
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"

Last edited by DaedalusAlpha; 6th November 2013 at 01:20 AM.
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 09:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 632

Tired

Have you tried any other multiplayer servers or just the TOG one?

If it is a server side thing you could try emptying your inventory and storing your armour in a chest then ask one of the admins to delete your player file from the server... Unless there are any other server side things that might cause it that's all I can think of.

But if you can I'd try it joining another server first to see if it's an issue for all multiplayer or just on the TOG server.
Old 6th November 2013, 09:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Cartographer
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 468

Ouch, was hoping that a computer reset would fix this issue for you. Im personally at a loss here but mayby a fresh install of ftb will be good for you? Sorry that im not more help but im a noob when comes to things like this lol
Aveege is offline   Reply With Quote