The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Minecraft (Public) (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public/)
-   -   Update this am.... (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public/336236-update-am.html)

Bazz 21st December 2010 09:08 AM

Update this am....

Just noticed that there was a small update this am, and the server will need updating before we can connect.

(This means I may actually have to resort to working at work today......sheesh!)

Cheith 21st December 2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazz (Post 2992081)
(This means I may actually have to resort to working at work today......sheesh!)

That is just wrong!
C.

Obsi 21st December 2010 10:55 AM

d'oh! Minecraft is in beta now too..

Bazz 21st December 2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsi (Post 2992176)
d'oh! Minecraft is in beta now too..

So in the future when all the noobs come on, we can be like returned vets!
"Beta? pffft - mate I was in alpha - that was some hardcore gaming lemme tell ya!"

Orcneas 21st December 2010 11:12 AM

Inserts generic alpha -> beta -> release speech....

*insert game name* alpha now those were the days weren't they, so much more freedom and glitching was fun. The game has changed so much since then... not sure I like all the changes - the community was better back then, now its big and crowded and everyone is paranoid over land, and its just not as friendly."

:p

Obsi 21st December 2010 11:30 AM

I meant to put a line between the "doh" (which was about not being able to get my mining fix) and the rest :D...
Quote:

So in the future when all the noobs come on, we can be like returned vets! "Beta? pffft - mate I was in alpha - that was some hardcore gaming lemme tell ya!"
Hahaha, it's already a bit like that.... when I started playing I think all spawn had was the newbie hut and the staircase.... and I think Guyron's and Foxman's castles were the only other buildings elsewhere.... no warping... diamond tools were something of awe :D ... how far we've come!

Crimetank 22nd December 2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsi (Post 2992199)
Hahaha, it's already a bit like that.... when I started playing I think all spawn had was the newbie hut and the staircase.... and I think Guyron's and Foxman's castles were the only other buildings elsewhere.... no warping... diamond tools were something of awe :D ... how far we've come!

ohhh, I can go one better =P

When I began it was myself and quirkymonsta.

Then Guryon and I made the first building on the hill above spawn.
This was of course when the server was hosted by fate (ah the good ol' days) =P

Obsi 22nd December 2010 11:56 AM

..ahh yes... the good old days.... with NAM's Mt Doom..... single-handedly setting alight almost half the known world.... :D

Optical Array 22nd December 2010 03:03 PM

Too bad I missed half the world being set alight. :)

Cheith 22nd December 2010 04:00 PM

I accidentally had a try at that when burning some foliage, but in the end it was only about 100 x 100 blocks of forest that went up!