Old 6th January 2011, 11:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Team Fortress 2
Deadly - Post: 1389

yeah my subexchange in Kellyville east is congested in the evenings and TF2 is almost unplayable. which is why I play minecraft.
exekewtable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6th January 2011, 11:50 AM   #22 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8394 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Daedalus from your profile it says you are in Sweden, if that is still correct and the servers are in Australia, the ping time is going to over 200ms at the best of time - which is fine for the creative server but for the SMP server where you are attacking it is going to cause issues...

Also MC hasnt got the best network code has it?!

"Reminds me when I was a lad, playing on the 56k dial-up modem, playing CS 1.6 with a ping of over 350ms! Those were the days!!!!!..... grumble kids today grumble"
Yes I have a ping of around 350 ms to the server, but that's not the issue. The delays I see are unresponsiveness for 10-30 seconds at a time! If it was only 350 ms I'd be extatic

Imagine trying to hit a zombie that exists 10 seconds in front of its visual representation

As I do it now, I position myself so I clearly see the zombie and make sure it has a straight path towards me, I then start swinging the sword in its direction. Once it visibly reach me it has already taken several hearts of my life and I have more or less killed it.

You have to sort of look into the future and figure out where your enemy will be in 10 seconds and attack in that direction
This of course makes it very hard to battle creepers as you in no way can estimate when they gets too close.
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 11:55 AM   #23 (permalink)
Team Fortress 2
Deadly - Post: 1389

hrmm, my suggestion is if you are in sweden, go round to notchs place and tell him to fix the netcode. and bandwidth consumption while he is at it
exekewtable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 12:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8394 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Yeah I'll do that

Shouldn't be more than 500 km.... if I take the X2000 train it should only take approx 3 hours, unfortunately due to all the snow it's most likely heavily delayed if it goes at all. Hm... And then there one of those trains recently crashed into a station so that probably means even more delays. You know what, I think I'll skip it
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote