Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others > Minecraft (Public)

Minecraft (Public) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th February 2011, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9277

Default Returning to the main worlds

I am happy to announce that this weekend we will be starting up the servers for our main worlds. I can't say exactly when because I will have to try and make sure that the /warps and /homes etc still work, but I will probably get the Survival world done on Saturday and then look at the Creative world on Sunday.

These servers will have Bukkit and its mods, so you will just have the commands that we have been testing on the test worlds. I don't imagine that the test worlds will be destroyed in the near future, but may be used later for further testing and/or modification. However, once we return to the main worlds, the test world will be inaccessible.

Even with Bukkit, we will still have days or weeks when Bukkit and its mods are not up-to-date with any future versions of Minecraft. When those moments come, we will work out what to do (e.g. test worlds with no whitelist).

So don't be surprised if you can't access the Survival server today. I probably means that I am working on the return to the main Survival world

Sorontar
ps. I will announce on this thread when I have finished the switch for each world
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5th February 2011, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1662

Amused

Excellent! Good work Sorontar!
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 01:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2066

Lurking

I'm guessing you don't have a "rain/flooding" problem Sorontar to take you away from the wonderful virtual world

postcount=++
SnakeTails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 02:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeTails View Post
I'm guessing you don't have a "rain/flooding" problem Sorontar to take you away from the wonderful virtual world
That was mainly last night. Crawling in 2 foot spaces in the roof with a torch in one hand, trying to position towels to stop a leak with the other hand. Then standing outside in the rain in one foot of water swinging an axe to chop down a large branch *above me* so I could see what was causing the leak.... with a mind on previous winners of the Darwin Awards.

Makes dealing with creepers look easy.

Sorontar
Old 5th February 2011, 04:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 581

Amused

Damn, well good luck with the leaks, and as always thanks for all your Minecraft work.
C.
Old 5th February 2011, 11:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Default Survival world is active

Okay, the main Survival world is up. I will later give you a post about the full command set but it is just what you have been testing on the test world. All the /home commands that you have previously set should still work. The border has been moved from 1600 to 1800 blocks from spawn and like in the test world, is shown as a glass wall from bedrock to skytop.

Outstanding bugs: The spawn protection is preventing anyone but ops going through the doors near spawn. Players can only go one way, ie. exit, not enter. For this reason, I have removed the front doors to the spawn fortress and a few downstairs. I will look for a fix for this unanticipated problem. If you find doors not working anywhere else, please tell us.

I will set up and activate the main creative world and server some time this week, but probably not tomorrow. Too much additional stuff to do relating to this one :^)

Have fun.

Sorontar
Old 6th February 2011, 12:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Average - Post: 172

That is great news

I will start minecrafting again =)
joohansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 03:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8366 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Yey!
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 06:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 788

NNNOOOOOOOOOOO so much work... will have to start over lol

speaking of the darwin awards. i would have to say that the young guy who died from sitting in a room with a generator would be this years winner!
lord frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 06:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8366 TOG Silver Level Supporter

I can't connect to the survival server
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote