Old 16th May 2011, 02:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky
Default GOLF!

I was watching this yogscast vid....and I think we need to make a "minigolf" course on creative!

We would need to get a collection of spawned ice for them... I figure we can make a nice collection of different holes, made by different people...

Any suggestions where?

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16th May 2011, 03:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

Awesome idea.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 08:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Server Admin
Dangerous - Post: 674

Inspired

hehe! That is awesome. I'm always awed by the stuff these folks come up with. They may not have made it up, but they bring it to the mainstream and always make everything look great!
Old 17th May 2011, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Cheeky

ok, I propose this area...
TOG Minecraft Creative World Map (Day) - 7 May 2011 - rendered using Tectonicus

...for the golf course area.... It appears not to be taken by anyone, as it's between some unrendered areas, so unless anyone has built underneath, then it seems to be untouched.

So I'll go there and start setting some things up and make a warp point... unless there are any objections - and then people are welcome to add more holes. Keeping in mind though that we should probably keep things "minigolf" in theme - no massive complex things and nothing par 6 or more :P

Old 18th May 2011, 01:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3676

Cynical

looks like cool fun

"I am a Pantera's box you do not want to open" - Mr. Furious
Non Action Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 08:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

It's looking great Obsi. I love the sandstone styling.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 09:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Cheeky

I've set up some main roads to lead people around the golf area... so feel free to jump on and set up some holes anywhere around... you can break a hole in the path border to lead it into your area.

it's on creative - warp point is "minigolf"

I've set up a beginner's set of holes opposite the steps to a clubhouse. You'll find ice and other supplies for building some holes in the chests in the floor.

I found the ice looks better with snow underneath, so it's clearer.... which is why there is a lot of snow blocks in the club house.

This is a basic hole... the person stands on the obsidian block to start... they "drop" (not throw!) a snowball onto the course, which will slide on the ice. When the ball stops moving, you pick it up and take your next shot from there. The idea is that you should stay on the ice, not shoot over walls.. The drops seem to take a ball about 7 blocks at most, but it depends on the angle you drop them at. The hole is a missing block with coloured wool in the bottom so it's obvious. There is a "flag" to mark the hole. I used purple but you can use whatever colours you like.

If we can keep a consistency with the obsidian block to tee off from, the flag and hole.... and any roads being made of sandstone, that would be good.

Now we need some interesting holes.... ones that involve trying to shoot through hoops and into stuff would be good!

Last edited by Obsi; 18th May 2011 at 09:31 PM.