Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others > Minecraft (Public)

Minecraft (Public) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th July 2011, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1017

Mellow
Question Newbie Needing Help With Claim

So I've just been approved for the TOG Minecraft division ( ) and having a wee bit of trouble setting a warp flag/staking a claim.

I had thought the command was /warp create <thenamehere>, but I received an error message that there was no such name.

I tried /warp set, which then sent me off somewhere unknown... and now I have no idea where I just was.

I'm wondering if:

a) I can be returned to my last known location by an admin, or if this is impossible

and/or

b) If I can receive help making a warp point for the future.

Many thanks in advance, and there's some nifty stuff I have to check out here! (PS: who's the giant picture of?)
Deweyoxberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7th July 2011, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9300

In a rush, so I'll be brief.

If you are in the Creative world near spawn, then the giant picture is probably Johansson's fiancee.

The basic set of commands can be found using /help.

The maps at TOG Minecraft Server Maps are a good guide, especially if you look at signs, beds, portals and player location to see where people have built. If you are on Creative, I suggest you go for a long walk as much near the spawn village has been "claimed", even though it might not always look that way. On the Survival world, the border has been extended so the emptiest places are on the edge of the map.

Also, /getpos will tell you the coordinates of your present location at any time.

Bye,
Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 06:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5853 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

tell which type ya on and yeah we can lend a hand
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 12:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mellow

Oh yeah, Creative. Heh, oops
Old 8th July 2011, 12:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post

Also, /getpos will tell you the coordinates of your present location at any time.

Bye,
Sorontar
Thanks Sorontar; except... I've already warped somewhere when I was trying to set a warp point, so getpos gives me the current position... which I should have done prior to trying to create a warp point...
Old 8th July 2011, 01:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25570

Amused

Ouch, oh yeah been there before.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 11:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Mellow

=grin= Judging by that Reoh, I'm guessing that means: "Start walking Dewey." =wink=

It's no big deal, just was wondering if it were possible. Would there be anything incorrect in the warp syntax I was trying to do?
Old 8th July 2011, 12:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deweyoxberg View Post
=grin= Judging by that Reoh, I'm guessing that means: "Start walking Dewey." =wink=

It's no big deal, just was wondering if it were possible. Would there be anything incorrect in the warp syntax I was trying to do?
Not that I could see.
Code:
/warp create test
worked for me, creating a warp on Creative called "test" (now deleted using "/warp delete test"). BTW in case we haven't mentioned it anywhere, I recommend you use dewey.WARPNAME for your warp names, so that people know which version of "top" or "tower" is theirs (see /warp list).

The mod we use for warps has changed a little over the last six months. Sometimes it will teleport you inside a chunk. If that happens, disconnect asap and you should safely reconnect in the correct place (or the highest safe place for those coordinates). This is what happened for my "test" warp. It was set on an upper road made by Obsi but when I warped there, the chunk isn't loaded fast enough, so I fall down to the lower road. There is nothing we can do about that but recommend that the warp coordinates get changed (you just need to delete the warp and reset it at the new location, which might be a couple of blocks higher).

Sorontar
ps. Is your name in the talk channel a grey colour? Can you destroy or place blocks?

Old 8th July 2011, 02:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25570

Amused

I don't know if you use the same mod as I used to, but the problem with warping into ground was something I shared. I tracked it down to changing the level of the ground where the warp point was. It warped you exactly where it was set, even if the ground had been raised and thus you were underground. Even if it was only by a halfblock or so. The warp point has to be deleted and recreated if had done that.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 02:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

We use [TP] MyWarp v2.0dev - thanks Spathi - Basic, Social, Guiding, WarpSigns [953] | Bukkit Forums but only update when we are doing a full update for everything (which will hopefully happen within a week).

Sorontar