Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others > Minecraft (Public)

Minecraft (Public) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd August 2011, 04:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2991

Grumpy
Default Question about the survival server

It doesn't explicitly say so in the "Getting Started in TOG Minecraft" thread, so I was wondering if you staking a claim on the survival server was handled the same way as the creative server.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22nd August 2011, 07:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5853 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

nope

just find an unused spot and start building.

if you want to you can give usa heads up, some people do but generally nope no need
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky

We opted for no formal claims on survival because it was assumed at the beginning that people wouldn't be building big elaborate things and wouldn't be wanting to claim stuff like on creative... and therefore wouldn't be bothered about having stuff built in close proximity to whatever they were building.... but as it turns out, people do build big elaborate things on survival

It's always a good idea to check nobody is using the spot you want, because some people build underground, and you don't want to start building something, only to find you've got someone living beneath you.... and especially if the area looks like someone might have been their (torches/random cobblestone or other placed blocks) - as it could be someone passing through, or it could be a sign someone is in the area.

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9300

I suggest you use things like the night version of the map and look for torches. That is a good indication of whether someone has been working in an area, or has in some way marked it off. Beds, nethergates, signs and avatars also tend to indicate that someone is permanently there (but may be underground).

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2991

Grumpy

Looks like I'm good, then. I just need to not run afoul of the cart tracks that are a bit to the west.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote