Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others > Minecraft (Public)

Minecraft (Public) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st November 2011, 09:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
To give you guys a heads-up as to why we haven't changed World4 yet... we are discussing it in the Admin forum.
We have decided to change the World4 server to pre-release 5 but I think we can keep the world as is (so the Mob xp farm will still exist for a while).

As has been noted, there are a few glitches/debugging tools left over in this version, but that's why its a pre-release. You get good ones and bad ones. Hopefully with the cpu hogging bug fixed, this will play better.

One of the admins will change the server later today.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1st November 2011, 11:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3916

Doh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
We have decided to change the World4 server to pre-release 5 but I think we can keep the world as is (so the Mob xp farm will still exist for a while).
Thanks Sor, just to let you know re. the trap, neither Duck or I are too worried one way or another if the world is reset. We were talking about it last night before the video. Would have been disappointed before it was built but now its done we are cool with whichever decision is made regarding a reset.
Old 1st November 2011, 04:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25539

Amused

I think it should be ok if the video is, you know apart of something someone might look up as a reference. Eg, I put the voxel sniper and potion videos in their own threads so people could just search the forum for "potions" and come up with the thread, rather than sifting through a billion videos in the main one.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 03:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2977

Grumpy

Ooooh! Here's one I missed earlier. I'm going to try this tonight after work, but can anyone confirm this?

*Lava can be made infinite by digging 1 square down, and making a "plus" sign - 5 squares total. Fill the outsides with lava.
Irimar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 07:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5789 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

CONFIRMED!!!
1)

2)
DarkDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 09:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had a few ideas in mind for lava, but given up when I realised walking back and forth collecting lava forever would take all the fun out of it. Infinite lava FTW!

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 10:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8368 TOG Silver Level Supporter

With infinite lava comes infinite obsidian... So I had to construct an obsidian generator

Here is the general idea of it:

1) Create the standard plus. Dig down in the middle and place a sign as in the picture.

2) Fill with lava.

3) Cover the lava but leave one block open in the middle.

4) Put piston on top of hole, and invert the input form a button so it's always extended unless the button is pressed.

5) Put water on top of piston.

6) Standing at the bottom of the hole we dug down in the first step you should now see this:

7) Now it's simply the matter of pressing the button and the lava should be converted to obsidian (or cobblestone in my case as I'm still on 1.8 ).

There is however a problem with this generator and that is that it's highly likely to eat your obsidian when it drops as there is so much lava around. One could probably fix this by constructing a feeding mechanism so you instead of mining it directly push it away with pistons and mine it somewhere away from the lava.

Edit: But it just occurred to me that you can't push obsidian with pistons so that solution is in the trash
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"

Last edited by DaedalusAlpha; 4th November 2011 at 10:21 AM.
DaedalusAlpha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 12:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1667

Happy

Though If you can figure out how to move the whole thing with pistons could build an automatic road paving system
Old 4th November 2011, 01:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misnik View Post
Though If you can figure out how to move the whole thing with pistons could build an automatic road paving system
I couldn't find the video I had posted months ago so here is another. However, obsidian can't be pushed by a piston.
[edit] now sees that DA had editted his post to point this out.

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 04:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25539

Amused

I'd just setup the infi.lava pool next to somewhere cosy for mining obsid safely with water flowing beside that spot. Grab lava, toss against block beside water and mine it in safety with 100% success rate!

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is online now   Reply With Quote